Is An Israel Attack On Iran Imminent?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Sep 14, 2012.

1. I think dropping a nuke on Iran would be the best thing Israel could do. I mean look at us & Japan. Japan was our Iran in the 1940s. They hated us and we hated them and now look at us both. They are our best friends. We love the Japanese & they love us!

#11     Sep 15, 2012
  2. pspr

pspr

I guess we should just nuke every country that doesn't like us so they'll be our friends in a few years. We could start with the French. :D

#12     Sep 15, 2012
  3. Haha, that is true! I was in Paris once and every single Parisian I came in contact with gave me some kind of problem. Every cool person I met in Paris was from somewhere else, from the africans to the dutch, to the spanish cab drivers. All those people were cool, but those effing natural born Parisians. Not one was nice. The closest thing to nice that a Parisian did for me might not even be considered nice. I went to stay in a hostel and booked it on the internet. I show up there and they don't have me down for a bed there and they are fully booked up. So the "nice" thing they did for me was tell me I could stay in the closet....for half price. Of course that "nice" thing they did was completely undone when I went out and tried to get back in the hostel to find the door locked because I came back to the hostel 30 minutes after dark (which was around 11pm as it stays light in Paris till about 10:30pm) Apparently they wanted everyone in by 7 or 8pm I guess. :(

#13     Sep 16, 2012
  4. BS obama doesn't :"think" . He has no plan other than snub Israel at every opportunity and support his mudslime motherhood brethren as openly as US political opinion will let him.

#14     Sep 16, 2012
  5. I think the odds of nuclear strikes are far higher than people realize. The media are basically giving zero odds so granted, that's a pretty low bar.

Netanyahu has kind of painted hmself into a corner, never a good thing to do diplomatically. He has basically said a nuclear, or near nuclear, iran is an existential threat for Israel. No one really doubts the accuracy of that either. He has said that Obama refuses to draw a red line beyond which the Us will attack. The Washington media were full of planted editorials today disputing this, but even if Obama has said a nuclear iran is unacceptable, no one really trusts him to live up to this commitment. When has he stood up to radical islamists anywhere?

So Israel is left in the lurch, facing an existential threat without big brother covering their butts. If Israel doesn't thnk they can take out Iran's facilities with conventional weapons, then the only remaining answer is to go nuclear. Or, if they mount a conventional strike, then are hit by devastating counterattacks, not only from iran but Egypt, Lebanon, maybe even turkey, or if the initial strike fails, what do they do? My answer is take out Iran and maybe Egypt once and for all and deal with the consequences later.

The alternative explanation is that Netanyahu is bluffing, no existential threat exists and there is no imminent crisis. This is clearly the line the WH is peddling. It puts Netanyahu in a difficult spot, although a self-created one. Since he is nobody's fool and had to anticipate this outcome, it makes me very pessimistic.

#15     Sep 16, 2012
  6. Mercor

Mercor

The Iranian bunker system is close to the point where Israel is lacking the bombs needed to blow them up. After this point only the USA has the bombs.
    No chance Israel will do a nuclear 1st attack.
    I think Israel will go after the leadership of Iran instead of the bunkers. I see multiple attacks, commandos to take out the Mullahs. Iran has very thin leadership. Power is concentrated.

The people's will is toward the west and democracy.

#16     Sep 16, 2012
  7. pspr

pspr

Nobody ever mentions Israel's missle capability. Could they take out the Iranian nuclear threat with conventional warheads on missles? I've never heard anything about the numbers, range, size or capability of Israeli missles. At the very least that should be an aid to any attack on Iran.

#17     Sep 16, 2012
  8. Netanyahu is a shrewd guy. He doesn't want a single Israeli missile or soldier to be involved in taking out Iran.He wants the US to do it.

#18     Sep 16, 2012
  9. BSAM

BSAM

Good analysis, brother Mercor.

#19     Sep 16, 2012
  10. BSAM

BSAM

Brother AAA, while much of your analysis is very well thought out, and interesting, this one is way, way, way out there in right field.

Best to ask Osama bin Laden about that statement.
    Let us know if he gets back to you.

#20     Sep 16, 2012