is an election the best indicator of all?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 151, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Hey ZZZzzzzz I am actually curious as to what response you would give to that so please give one instead of acting like your intellectually superior to everyone and everything.

#11     Nov 2, 2008
  2. My response would be to wonder if you were serious of just being an ass.

#12     Nov 2, 2008
  3. Im serious.

#13     Nov 2, 2008
  4. So am I. When I read your post, I wondered if you were serious or just being an ass.

#14     Nov 2, 2008
  5. OK i will just ask you.

Do you think people vote because of personal selfishness?

Do you think rich people who vote for liberals vote because they have compassion for the poor?

Do you think poor people who vote for conservatives vote because they believe that is the best fiscal policy?

Do you sincerely think combining compassion with political ideologies is the best way to run a government and country?

#15     Nov 2, 2008
  6. OK i will just ask you.

Do you think people vote because of personal selfishness?

Generally yes, though the wealthy who consider the needs of the poor are typically examples of enlightened self interest.

Do you think rich people who vote for liberals vote because they have compassion for the poor?

Generally yes.

Do you think poor people who vote for conservatives vote because they believe that is the best fiscal policy?

No, I think they are generally stupid and brainwashed into thinking they too can have the American dream if they just work hard enough.

Do you sincerely think combining compassion with political ideologies is the best way to run a government and country?

Any political ideology devoid of compassion is inhumane.

#16     Nov 2, 2008
  7. The one comment that stands out in my mind is that you said you think poor people who vote conservative are stupid and brainwashed and they think if they work hard enough they can accomplish the American dream.

To me that sounds incredibly cynical. It is a conflicting statment to say a person is stupid and brainwashed and then in the same statement say a person is hard working.

Do you agree what you said is cynical? If not could you describe more of why you think hard working poor people who want a better life are stupid and brainwashed?

#17     Nov 2, 2008
  8. If you live long enough, and are exposed to enough of life, you will learn that hard work and intelligence are not nearly as important for success as who you know, and who you blow...

Many of those who you would deride as uneducated and lazy are doing the very best they can with what they have, playing by the rules, and living by a philosophy that does not include stepping on others on the way to a material top of the ladder, or implementing lies and deceit as a method of advancement.

Your measure of success is much different than my own, consequently your judgments of the intelligence and level of commitment to success of others is also quite different.

The American dream of today is as much of a myth as any other Hallmark Card or carrot before any dumb horse...

#18     Nov 2, 2008
  9. It is true for many people that it is not what you know but who you know. But we are not talking about climbing your way up the corporate ladder. We are talking about a person who was born into a bad economic situation where they have the choice of climbing there way of poverty or not. They can either choose to feed off the government and stay in poverty or they can choose to create opportunities for themselves and get out of poverty.

ZZZzzzz you have seen the world of business and you think of it darkly. I have seen the world of making it and i see it with a positive light. I see it this way because I am my own best example because I have made it out of extremely rough economic situations. The government was not the thing that helped me. What helped me was my own belief that failure is only you stop believing that you can suceed.

#19     Nov 2, 2008
  10. I see many traders come and go with your attitude.

Mostly go...

#20     Nov 2, 2008