Is AMP futures a good option for UK trader?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Brovashift, Jul 10, 2019.

1. toby400

toby400

In short could AMP supply a platform designed to run on Apple iMac without the workarounds for Microsoft machines - it must be possible ? Unless AMP pay some sort of reward to MT5 owners for promoting the sole use of their platform !!

#21     Jul 18, 2019
  2. Where did you read/hear Not for EU clients? :wtf:

#22     Jul 18, 2019
  3. I've just spoke to Amp online support and they just said yes, you can use it, as long as you've got the login details. Obvs lol.

I also spoke to CQG support yesterday to request a list of their partners/brokers, and quite a few are UK based.

#23     Jul 18, 2019
  4. p0box4

p0box4

As an European you can also open an account with AMP USA and use all the platforms they offer.

#24     Jul 18, 2019
  5. MotiveWave

MotiveWave Sponsor

You can already connect MotiveWave to AMP via Rithmic or CQG on a Mac.

#25     Jul 18, 2019
  6. sillyw10

sillyw10

i have tested the following AMP US Platforms in detail..they are about the best of the free platforms

Sierra..good but chart print lags DOM print by about 1 second

Motivewave..excellent but the "workspace setup" is a little bit messy..no lag between chart print and DOM print

CQG Qtrader + Excel Integration..excellent and excel integration with RTD data feed is fast..will get about 1 second lag even with Excel throttle set to 0..no lag between chart print and DOM print..one major drawback is that Qtrader only allows 1 chart with 4 tabs..the tabs are not floatable and can't be detached..so you can only look at one chart!!!

i started off looking for certain features..by the time I was finished testing my requirements had changed..was just about to sign up with AMP US and Qtrader when I decided to give AMP Global a test with metatrader5..to my surprise it was able to fulfil all my current requirements..currently still testing but have already made the decision to go with AMP Global and metatrader5

if the only issue is using Mac as opposed to Windows..i would suggest getting a windows PC with I7 processor and good graphics card for multiple monitors..just for trading..can post some spec for motherboard and graphics card details if interested..whole setup should cost no more than 200 to 300 Euro without any monitors..I just bought a good I7 processor for 40 euro and my PC is now running super fast with Windows 10!

if any more European traders are interested we can start a new thread for AMP Global Futures Traders?

Screen Shot 07-30-19 at 09.41 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 07-30-19 at 09.13 PM.PNG

#26     Jul 30, 2019
  7. MotiveWave

MotiveWave Sponsor

@sillyw10 can you give more details on what you found messy about the Workspace setup? Maybe we can clean it up in our next release.

#27     Jul 30, 2019
  8. sillyw10

sillyw10

Leigh..i just found it a bit messy to setup your workspace compared to most windows based trading software such as medvedtrader, metatrader5, sierra and multicharts.

Maybe it is that I am so used to using trading platforms that are windows based..i think motivewave is java based and other users might have no problem with the setup at all..i did get the hang of it after a while..but to be honest it did frustrate me a little when starting testing as I wanted to get thru the testing as quick as possible

as example with current testing of MT5..to set up my MES trading setup..be it one screen or 4 scxreens..I just go "Profile > Save As > MES"..that is it..simple and effective

btw..i have not ruled out motivewave..was nearly going to buy the trading edition at the recent summer sale..very good value..for now MT5 is adequate for my testing of live trading with MES..once I am happy with the consistency of my trading results I will move on to ES..if required during live trading testing I will upgrade to motivewave..just have to see how it goes..could be next year or few months..depends on how good my brain is working :)

happy to give you any feedback as motivewave is definitely one of the good trading platforms..and the price is very reasonable for what you get

Screen Shot 07-30-19 at 10.49 PM.PNG

#28     Jul 30, 2019
  9. MotiveWave

MotiveWave Sponsor

I thought you meant our "Workspaces" which is the connection you create to the broker or data feed. When you say workspace, do you mean the layout, or a chart template? I'm not sure I'm clear on what you're 'saving' in your example.
    We are built in Java, but there are windows that you can move around or pop out.

#29     Jul 30, 2019
  10. sillyw10

sillyw10

yes..the creation of your desktop workspace for trading..index futures setup will be different to fx setup..etc..etc..it is just that I find windows based trading pograms very similar..not really an issue as I got the hang of your java based program quick enough..maybe "bit messy" was the wrong word..more "bit different to windows based programs"

fwiw..spent last few hours looking at MT5 expert advisors..one that stood out was the order size printed on the graphical time and sales line..or..bid/ask prints

if you look at my screenshot showing the graphical time & sales on top over charts..you can see there is no sizes printed on the circles..would be very handy to have a filter here to show volume prints at selected size..say 20 contracts or 200 contracts..etc

I have noticed in my testing so far there is a lack of graphical time and sales..this is the first time I have come across it in MT5 testing..needs some additional work to make it useful

#30     Jul 30, 2019