Is America morally bankrupt

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nitro, Aug 3, 2009.

Is America morally bankrupt?

1. Yes, America is morally bankrupt. You don't know the half of it

24 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No, America is not morally bankrupt. It is that there is more information out there and it just seem

5 vote(s)
    13.9%
  3. I don't know

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  4. I don't care

5 vote(s)
    13.9%
  1. bill gates gave up his entire fortune and his job as ceo of msft to do good works fulltime. his type of good works includes saving lives. not preaching like many religious charities do with their money.

are we better off with the religion that flew the planes into the trade center or without it?

#41     Aug 4, 2009
  2. what gives people like you , a self admitted denyer of science, the right to make the decision to not do the research based on the writings of stone age men?

#42     Aug 4, 2009
  3. stu

stu

Sick?... It's stomach churningly depraved.

What type of religious pervert is peilthetraveler to say this child should be allowed to die because it may become a rapist

[​IMG]

as the reason for this cell not being used to save the child

[​IMG]

because he assumes it will develop into a child, who he would let die anyway in any case, because it might be a rapist.

Just how sick minded does sick minded get when these religious freaks get started with their hideous moralizing?

#43     Aug 4, 2009

4. it's an ethical question... some people consider ethics, yet.

Considering the advances being made with non-embryonic stem cells, the insistence that they still be used is ethically ...... SICK. Where does it stop? Embryonic Stem Cell Fueled Soda Water? And Don't For A Second think it couldn't happen, if not for the "religious nutjobs" screaming about it.

Religious doctrine has nothing to do with it. I'm decidedly non-religious,yet, I still maintain a high degree of respect for the religious freedom of others.

on second thought, it most certainly is a moral question.

#44     Aug 4, 2009
  5. Lemme break this to you guys hard, 'cause gentle don't work down here: THE FOUNDERS ALREADY KNEW THIS!

Why do you think the Constitution had all those checks & balances built in?
    It wasn't because they had a high opinion of human nature.
    When Clarence Thomas said at his hearings for confirmation to the SC "This is a high-tech lynching.", they didn't turn in their graves. They simply looked at each other and nodded, knowing that people would wind up in factions, fighting each other over any little thing they could, mostly over stuff that was manifestly in their self-interest, not stuff that was decided by way of morals or religion or anything like that.
    G Washington thought it was possible to have a republic without parties, but as soon as he retired, the parties sprung up, and factionalism ruled the day.
    It's always been this way and it always will be this way. If we were all around a hundred years from now, this poll would still garner overwhelming numbers voting for moral bankruptcy.
    nitro, I really thought your judgment was better than this. Oh well.

#45     Aug 4, 2009

6. so, the best you leftist-idiots can do is kill off any notion of the divine.

#46     Aug 4, 2009
  7. stu

stu

No that is not sick. That is a question of ethics.

This is SICK. And this is what I was referring to.
    The religious nutjobs as you call them who believe such things as that, clearly have no ethics or morals compared with the doctors trying to save lives.
    If there are reasons for not using stem cells, crazy minded religous bigots like peilthetraveler do not give any cause to turn to ethics or morals in response.

Just think for a second... he's saying children, as in the picture, are perhaps supposed to die - "because they were going to grow up to become rapists, murderers, or other bad people ...... "
    His 'moral' basis is religion.
    The doctors and researchers have a different moral basis...
    Saving childrens' lives

#47     Aug 5, 2009
  8. nitro

nitro

#48     Aug 5, 2009

9. NO, you Jackass.

The Debate revolves around EMBYRONIC stem cells.

what, are you trying to sweep your disgusting past under the rug?

WE WILL NOT FORGET!

What's more, are you suggesting that the medical profession is devoid of practitioners who are concerned about commercializing the Creation of Human Embryos?

This topic is a good example of why so often I'm left screaming at the left ... they are as a group godless, sick, bastards. Or at least, their leaders are.

#49     Aug 6, 2009
  10. http://www.neilrogers.com/news/articles/2005082412.html

#50     Aug 8, 2009