Is America morally bankrupt

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nitro, Aug 3, 2009.

Is America morally bankrupt?

1. Yes, America is morally bankrupt. You don't know the half of it

24 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No, America is not morally bankrupt. It is that there is more information out there and it just seem

5 vote(s)
    13.9%
  3. I don't know

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  4. I don't care

5 vote(s)
    13.9%
  1. I bet if you saw a man dying in a car crash and knew there was no way to save him, you would take his wallet & watch because he wasnt going to need them anymore, huh?

#21     Aug 3, 2009
  2. 25000 born children die of starvation every day and yet we are told there is an all powerful deity in the sky who answers the prayers of the suffering. no matter how many pray the deity ignores their prayers. now that is sick.

#22     Aug 3, 2009
  3. I don't know why anyone is surprised that a state university in Illinois allowed political connections and money to trump merit. How do you think obama pals and terrorists Bill Ayers and his wife Bernadine Dorhn became tenured professors at Illinios and Northwestern, respectively?

Does anyone really think it is all that different at any other state university or private university for that matter? Do you think all the Kennedys had the test scores to get into Harvard?

Wake up people. The system is rigged for the insiders and the well-connected. I've been trying to tell you that for years. I see it every day.

#23     Aug 3, 2009
  4. if people were starving and a big corporation was discarding canned food in a landfill every day would it be morally wrong to take that food from the landfill and distribute it to the needy?

#24     Aug 3, 2009
  5. The rest of the world knows that Freedom is just the first line of defense for how our gangsters do business. Organized crime has evolved to become institutionalized crime. Afterall why risk jail when you can cash in and those connections you had have been promoted to high places and you can all rise with the tide together. Godfather III wasn't all that removed from reality.
    We little people can watch but may as well be in another dimension where doing anything about it is concerned ...hornets effectively trapped in a jar And BTW, we have the internet and forums like this to express our discontent ...comrades.:D :cool: :D :cool: :confused:

If you're not cynical, you're not paying attention.

#25     Aug 3, 2009
  6. 3121

millions of people all about the globe are dying needlessly for want of the benefit of stem cells if you would just get rational for once in your pathetic lives you'd see that !

i GUARANTEE YOU and I will benefit from stem cells in terms of health and LONGEVITY!!!

what do you care about a glob of slimy cells anyway? :confused:

it's every glomy glob of cells for herself!!! :eek:

#26     Aug 3, 2009
  7. Maybe because I too hail from the land of Capone, I may b a little jaded, but can someone tell me just what is America guilty of that any empire of the past has not been guilty of??

Now, on the other hand, there are some things that America has done for the good that no other empire has done. The very latest was the capacity to put as the leader of the free world a man who demographically represents 12% of the population.

Some of u have not run a popsicle stand, not to mention a company of any size. There are necessary evils to this system, which is better than anyone else's as far as I know. There is a reason we have an immigration problem.

Obama ran a PR campaign that was the envy of anyone on Madison Avenue. I commend the guy for that. What his policies will do, that remains to b seen.

Know this though, America has beaten more things than any other empire by the mechanics of her system, and as long as we have a representative republic, we will b just fine.

Some of u are just bored, latter day Romans, go join the Peace Corp and get some perspective!!:mad:

#27     Aug 3, 2009
  8. nitro

nitro

Yes. To have children, no.

If a woman is married, it turns me off.

Only how well some of them raise their children.

Perhaps morally bankrupt is too strong a phrase, Perhaps Ethically bankrupt is a better term, since it has no religious conotation.

#28     Aug 3, 2009
  9. nitro

nitro

:(

#29     Aug 3, 2009
  10. nitro

nitro

Perhaps there is wisdom in what you say, but to see the world through those eyes, it, makes one, old in spirit.

#30     Aug 3, 2009