Is Alex Gerchik is a super famous trades on NYSE?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Imba, Sep 14, 2009.

Do you know who is Alex Gerchik?

1. Yeah mah! He is da uber tradex!

21 vote(s)
    29.2%
  2. Nop man, sorry, never heard about such "famous trading star"......

51 vote(s)
    70.8%
  1. nyse1998

nyse1998

EVEN NOW YOU ALL Jealous FOR PEOPLE WHO MADE MONEY.

#41     Sep 15, 2009
  2. Alex and Eugene were the best traders at worldco thats a fact, thats saying somethign considering the firm was almost at 700 or 800 traders at one point. PTJP was another story, they werent trading but doing "IPO and news flow arbitrage" for the most part. At the time the only day traders who made more money on the street were at schonfeld and they swung big up and down, whereas Alex and Eugene were very consistent.

#42     Sep 15, 2009
  3. I know he had 2-3 close guys next to him, the rest were underlings. He had more than 20+ guys who used to sit on the floor to whom he used to brag on a weekly basis how amazing he is and how you are a mook if you do not make 5-10k by 11 am.
    My knowledge is not accurate on the actual seating setup, it was the rest of the details that were more interesting. His demeanor when interviewing new guys is nothing short of shocking.

#43     Sep 15, 2009
  4. Listen, if I was making minimum wage, I would still feel prouder than you because at least I would not be wiping my face to clean up Gerchik's love juice.
    And when Gerhik was at Hold trying to pimp his name to get newbies & other traders under his LLC, I was too busy making money trading, something he could not do anymore.

Gerchik's strategy was buying baskets of stocks when S&P gapped down. He would ride the wave up, sell and then think he is the man. Too bad the strong bear of 2002 completely finished him, which is why he ended up being nothing more than a salesman. Just like he is now, peddling his snakeoil to unsuspecting Russians. I gotta say, that's a nice hustle, they are less savvy about that.

Listen, why don't you clean up, again, go scrounge up whatever pennies Gerchik pays you (cause you sure don't make shit trading from his courses) and go take an English reading, writing & comprehension course. Maybe then you can be taken more seriously, Mr.-I-have-traded-at-Worldco-since-1998.

I am not angry at Gerchik, I laugh at him but I also respect his hustle. The fact is that from the very extensive story I have heard from respectable traders who ran a very solid group, he is a joke with a sociopath personality. As I have said, for the umpteenth time, he is peddling snakeoil. Nothing more than a scumbag who can't get over himself, just like Sykes.

P.S. Learn something about sector basket trading before opening your mouth. When you finally get a VISA to USA, visit Schonfeld, I think they still do it.

#44     Sep 15, 2009
  5. nyse1998

nyse1998

Copernicus tell everybody m i saying the truth about Alex? if you know Gene you know it.Anaconda again total lie you posted here Alex never trade basket relative to sp500 he only traded REITS index its 100% .

Copernicus thank you .If you know Eugene you know Alex.By the way Anaconda Alex was sitiing right behind Eugene Cornick back to back.Only after many years him and his group move to other office ,were by the way Gerchik was trading alone with his group,and the reason why Gerchik left --Walter did not paid him

Read your post again you dont know shit what are you talking about.You only answering questions that you like

#45     Sep 15, 2009
    WLDCO__WGD likes this.
  6. LOL, that's a nice way to put it. They had one hell of an edge, that's for sure.

#46     Sep 15, 2009
  7. nyse1998

nyse1998

As i said .Gerchik never traded basket relative to sp when it went up or downits bullshit ,he traded only reits,and by the way shonfield was after Gerchik they had few personal interviews so dont bullshit people here.You dont know Gerchik thats for sure.

#47     Sep 15, 2009
  8. Well apparently you are mentally handicapped as well. And obviously never traded. Apparently even Gerchik never bothered to mention to you that S&P futures are a leading indicator for stocks. REITs have significant correlation with S&P.

Listen, let's keep this simple. If Alex Gerchik is such a "super famous trader on the NYSE" why is he selling worthless trading courses now and has been nothing more than a salesman for the last 5 years.

#48     Sep 15, 2009
  9. nyse1998

nyse1998

Its nothing to talk about ,if you dont know person dont talk.Its not even a reason to be here.I never went on all of this forums and thank god never will go again.I will go and do my minimum waige on market.Good luck to all

#49     Sep 15, 2009
  10. Well definitely not like you do, that's for sure. Does he let you stay on your knees longer if you vehemently defend him in this manner, mystery "Michael" from Worldco since 1998 with a persistent English disability problem.

#50     Sep 15, 2009