Is Alex Gerchik is a super famous trades on NYSE?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Imba, Sep 14, 2009.

Do you know who is Alex Gerchik?

1. Yeah mah! He is da uber tradex!

21 vote(s)
    29.2%
  2. Nop man, sorry, never heard about such "famous trading star"......

51 vote(s)
    70.8%
  1. nyse1998

nyse1998

Always new all of this forums for loosers.
    Normal traders trading.Good luck to all.No point to talk , i m going to eat my borsht much better to eat your shit.

#11     Sep 14, 2009
  2. Nyse1998, how convenient of you to create a user name and immediately find a topic to post about that you know so well! Congrats :)

#12     Sep 14, 2009
  3. Do traiders typically hire maids?

#13     Sep 14, 2009
  4. RedDuke

RedDuke

My thoughts exactly, the odds of Nyse1998 first post to know so much about the topic are......

#14     Sep 14, 2009
  5. Bakinec

Bakinec

Ah ti suka blyad' spammer ebanniy :D

Are there profanity rules for this forum? :D

#15     Sep 14, 2009
  6. Alex Gerchik talks the talk and walks the walk.

He is a trader. He has been consistentley profitable for over a decade. Other than that, he just just an average Joe LIVING the American dream.

#16     Sep 14, 2009
  7. I met this guy one time about 8 years ago. I went to Worldco to see if I want to join his group. I decided not to join him and stayed at the firm where I was trading at that time. After some time a guy joind my company and told me that he was trading at Worldco, he told me that Gerchik really made a lot of money but also he lost a lot of money as well. Now it looks like Gerchik is mostly in sales. This is all that I know.

#17     Sep 14, 2009
  8. Oh wow, what are you, his lackey? Why don't you learn some basic reading comprehension (but first, wipe your chin)
    I never stated that he did not trade or made money trading. I stated that he made money during times when all it took making money in trading is not being retarded. Which was 1998—2002. He used to act like he was god's gift to trading when strutting around WorldCo. Years later, at Hold, he was nothing more than a salesman, cause the reality is that in more competitive times, he could not trade for sh*t. But that should have been obvious from observing how long it took him to put in an order.

I know from real traders, not bullshit artists, what Alex Gerchik is all about. I also know that while at Hold he was part of setting up a trading operation in Kazahstan or Uzberkistan, but apparently that did not last too long.

LOL yeah ok, I hope you got paid to spread lies like that. The only people left working for him were those further down the ladder in the commission override game.
    But hey, after all, he is so honest that he is selling snakeoil right now in Russia, while claiming to be some super famous NYC trader. He is kinda famous in NYC allright, as a joke.

#18     Sep 15, 2009
  9. Wanna know why that is? Cause his strategy was as simple (and dumb) as this. If S&P futures are down, buy stocks pre-market, then sell them an hour or so after market opens.

Is it really any surprise why he stopped trading around 2002 (which was actually a great year for trading). Pretty obvious that he lost most, if not all, of his capital.

#19     Sep 15, 2009
  10. nyse1998

nyse1998

This is total bs.In 2001 and 2002 he was the first who start trading basket ,wich has nothing to do with premarket orders and sp futures.It shows again you dont know anything about him .I worked with him from 1998 and know all about his trading.He worked with Walter till 2003 and was making money till last day at worldco.Nobody is saying he is mega star.But he is a good trader.My name is Michael and i start at worldco in 1998 .

#20     Sep 15, 2009