Is a passion for trading essential for success?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Starn, Jun 8, 2003.

1. I personally feel addicted to trading. Cant live without watching market action and placing trades. Weekends and holidays depress me.

#11     Jun 8, 2003
  2. I think the markets should be open every Saturday from 9:30-12:00.

How nice would that be?

#12     Jun 8, 2003
  3. It would be nice but it would be difficult to make money going against die-hard daytraders looking to scalp ur ass to death. :D

its like trying to steal from a crackhead :eek:

#13     Jun 8, 2003

4. NO! ;)

#14     Jun 8, 2003
  5. alain

alain

in my opinion great things can only be achieved with pure passion. So it is in my little life. Everything I do - I do with passion. Otherwise I am not able to find the energy to go trough the difficult stages of every venture life offers.

#15     Jun 8, 2003
  6. FinStat

FinStat

if you intend to deal at the highest levels of this game on your own then yes.

if you're taking orders at an institution then probably not.

#16     Jun 8, 2003
  7. FinStat

FinStat

indeed

#17     Jun 8, 2003
  8. monee

monee

It is a delemma.
    One must be very determined to succeed,have lots of patience and be extremely disciplined.
    One must also realize and respect events /situations which when they occur can break down discipline.
    Trading is different from many occupations where when a difficult job arises,the person that perseveres and succeeds is looked up to.
    In trading when a market presents itself as a tough market which is hard to read the smart trader walks away.It is almost like just take the easy jobs.
    The dilemma comes that one must be passionate to continue but not be emotional and worry about losses.Just realize with an edge and a good reward to risk ratio,probabilities will rule and in the end you will be a winner.

#18     Jun 8, 2003
  9. sabena

sabena

Passion can make the difference

between being marginally profitable

and big profits...

Everything you do in life with whole

your heart, has much more chance

to succeed....

#19     Jun 8, 2003
  10. As has been said, I also believe that passion is an essential ingredient to mastery of anything.

That said, one could definitely still be a success at a certain task without being incurably passionate about it. Eg, you don't need a consuming passion for shoes in order to successfully tie your shoelaces.

But to be top in any field, I think, requires you to be passionate about what you're doing; afterall, you're competition certainly is.

#20     Jun 8, 2003