Is a Graphics Card Necessary?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Eldredge, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Eldredge

Eldredge

Thanks Evan! I'm checking those out.

#21     Aug 29, 2018
  2. rb7

rb7

Hummm....
    So you will travel with the desktop case, 3 monitors, 1 keyboard and 1 mouse.

You know, there are laptop with full-size keyboard and 17+ inches screen.

#22     Aug 30, 2018
    Eldredge likes this.
  3. Eldredge

Eldredge

Maybe I'll have to take another look at laptops. I haven't purchased a personal computer since I built my current one about 5 years ago. At that point, I got a lot more for my money building a small desktop than buying a full-featured laptop. Times change though...

#23     Aug 30, 2018
  4. #24     Aug 31, 2018
    Eldredge likes this.
  5. Eldredge

Eldredge

#25     Aug 31, 2018
  6. Simples

Simples

Not sure when Dell didn't suck. Had problems already in the 90's.

Considered portable usb / hdd? I'm with you on laptops. They get way too hot, noisy, impossible to extend, painful to work at and the hw always underperforms.

#26     Sep 2, 2018
  7. What, you're a "Dell hater"?

Back when, Dell made the mistake of having proprietary mobos and PSUs. The market taught them a lesson and they backed off to use "industry standard" parts.... and that was like 15 years (or more) ago.

I've used Dell workstations exclusively for the last 10+ years. Currently have 6 of them in my network. If they truly "sucked", I'd be using something else.

#27     Sep 3, 2018
    rb7 likes this.
  8. Zithiel89

Zithiel89

Absolutely not, not at all really. You may go for solution with integrated video from .... I would say Ryzen for now and not Intel i-series cause that way it's much cheaper anyway. It's more than enough setup which you mention here, you just need to be sure that it allows so many monitors and it could be some issue with that cause it's rare case.

#28     May 14, 2019