Is 2010 the year of the food crisis?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Xspurt, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Lethn

Lethn

If another recession hits ( which it almost certainly will for the countries still in debt and not botherng to pay it off ) I'd imagine that things will probably get worse to the point that even food would probably be hard to come by. There is always food available for those willing to produce it though so I don't think it will be that much of a problem. Though anything that effects the big countries in some way will probably be called an international crisis just so the whiney twats can get some attention like the swine flu.

I doubt there's going to be a food crisis coming, unless of course it's a poor country though there are always crisis' there.

#11     Dec 21, 2009
  2. Logic

Logic

We're at the top of the pyramid here in the US/Canada/first world. We're going to be the last ones to feel it, if at all.

Worse-come-to-worst, we'll go somewhere poor/militarily weak and steal their food. That's how it always works.

Even if 2010 becomes the year of the food crisis, it'll only be for the third world, not for US consumers.

#12     Dec 21, 2009
  3. #13     Dec 21, 2009
  4. #14     Dec 24, 2009
  5. We won't feel it!?! I called my green grocer and instructed him to deliver some organic frisée to garnish my arugula salad for the soiree, but I had to settle for Escarole. The horror! The boys from the club are never going to let me down for subjecting them to this indignity.

#15     Dec 26, 2009
  6. Give me some free time and 100 farmers to call, and ill have 100 SOB stories to tell you. Never has a farmer ever uttered 'man, this is the best crop I've ever had'. They always complain. Its the nature of the business.
    Truth is, crop is great this year and farmers should be thrilled at the increased demand from overseas and for ethanol and feed. Wheat prices should be 3 bucks.

#16     Dec 26, 2009