Is 126 RAM to little?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by privateisland, Nov 30, 2003.

1. ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p :p :p

Right again GG, i got 512 and thats PLENTY.

#31     Nov 30, 2003
  2. Hi GG, constructive as usual?

What I'm talking about is far from your little exxagerations here. I'm talking about way less than $1K worth of RAM here. Is that "huge" to you??? Tells me what a great trader you are.

And just FYI, I use 101% of that processing power more often than you'd think. I need it for what I'm doing, so STFU! Talking of half of ET having "even 512MB", Well, Gordy, how about I tell you I have a 28K dialup connection to scalp futures and still do very well? You are such a f*cken loser, you couldn't even do it with a T3-connection. I wrote something about that yesterday - Search for 28K in my post history.

Unlike you, I don't complain or constantly make negative comments either. My comment here was intended to help, did you notice? Yours, as usual, was intended to be hostile.

Tell me, Gordy? Who is a dork?

-S

#32     Nov 30, 2003
  3. what i meant was anybody had any experience with apacer pc 3200 ram. wanted to know if they were on par with crucial.

thanks

#33     Nov 30, 2003
  4. Thanks for all the replies. 1 yr. ago I thought that having XPpro and a pentium 4 was all that mattered for a great platform. Ontop of a great graphics card. So I guess I just might buy a new PC.Then give my older one to my younger brother.

Just so I can learn more about computers, is there any good book that explains computer terms, info etc, that's up to date.

#34     Nov 30, 2003
  5. I have posted this article on several occassions regarding taking full advantage of a Pentum 4 processor running with an 800 Mghz Front Side Bus and Dual Channel Memory. . .

In order to avoid a 25% decrease in performance with Intel 865/875 motherboards, make sure that you do not mix your memory configuration.

For example, if you wish to have 512mb of RAM in your rig, go 256mb and 256mb.

If you wish one full gig of RAM, go 256, 256, 256, 256.

See weblink for more detailed info:

http://www.anandtech.com/memory/showdoc.html?i=1839&p=6

#35     Nov 30, 2003
  6. you need 4 GB of RAM like my car needs 32 wheels.

LMAO!!

#36     Nov 30, 2003
  7. gnome

gnome

P4 + XP Pro IS a great platform... IF you have adequate RAM. For trading, even the whimpiest video card will be enough for overkill. (If you're also a high-end gamer and want to game on the same PC you trade with, the you'll want an upscale video card. Otherwise, it will be wasted horsepower.) If you get a new machine today, you'll barely notice [if] any difference in speed for trading setups.

#37     Nov 30, 2003
  8. How about internet connection. I switched from 56k to low level DSL (verizon) and got much faster speed. I run a 500 symbol watchlist with it - Compaq Presario 5423 with 96 ram. Sometimes I have two windows open, it slows then, but it works. I am planning to get the faster DSL.

#38     Nov 30, 2003
  9. gnome

gnome

Yes, DSL and cable are many times faster... especially if you have a heavy load of data. (If you have a light data stream, as do I, you can trade just fine with 56K).

#39     Nov 30, 2003
  10. NO ONE on this board needs FOUR GIGS of RAM!

NO ONE! :p

#40     Nov 30, 2003