Is 126 RAM to little?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by privateisland, Nov 30, 2003.

1. any particular difference between an apacer(infineon) pc3200 and crucial if both of them work in my system?

thanks

#21     Nov 30, 2003
  2. gnome

gnome

Hmmm.... I've read a review which stated that ram speed "... may be decreased by up to 25% if the ram is not *matched*... " I don't know if what you are describing would fall into the not matched concept ??

#22     Nov 30, 2003
  3. #23     Nov 30, 2003
  4. nitro

nitro

Yes.

nitro

#24     Nov 30, 2003
  5. WHOA nitro scores ANOTHER easy post

He is #1 here on ET!:D

#25     Nov 30, 2003
  6. gnome

gnome

Da Man leads by example! :D

#26     Nov 30, 2003
  7. Wow, this does amaze me a little. How can you even run modern charting software on that?

Myself, I am getting tired of my low RAM, I only got 4X512 (2GB) itm, and am looking forward to get a nicer motherboard and then 4GB. Then I suppose I like doing a lot of numbercrunching, like dozens of huge excel sheets and complex testing programs. You really only need the RAM that you need. But with today's low RAM prices, there's nothing much you can do wrong, anyway.

Oh, and if you're processing-time sensitive, make sure you get the most out of your CPU. Best is to use modern chilling systems like VapoChill, you can keep your CPU at a constant below 50 degrees centigrade, which, given you have 2.5GhZ+, will give you an extra 1-1.5 GhZ, and potentially the fastest PC on earth!

http://www.pcrange.biz/index.php?page=p_vcsa&id=1

Have Fun!
    -S

#27     Nov 30, 2003
  8. you dont need all that just put your 'puter in freezer next to lamb chops and frozen corn

#28     Nov 30, 2003
  9. this is why you are such a dork.:p

tired of your "low" 2 GB of RAM? i'd bet less than half of ET have even 512 MB of RAM, but no, that's not enough for you. even 4x that is too "low" for you...a mind of your caliber needs 8x that in his computer.

you remind me of a guy i knew who told me he was getting 1 GB of RAM in his computer like 9 years ago. yeah, sure he was...

in like 7th grade i knew a kid who claimed he switched the "main microchips" of his atari and nintendo and got them to work. i know your type.

the truth is, 126 MB of RAM is low, but most people could trade with it. unless you're doing something really special, 256 or 512 MB is fine. seems everyone wants to reply here suggesting a supercomputer is needed to indicate they are a genius.

#29     Nov 30, 2003
  10. Roscoe

Roscoe

512MB is the minimum required IMO.

If it's tweaking you want, check out www.blackviper.com and look for XP Tweaks in the left sidebar - good sensible Services configuration.

#30     Nov 30, 2003