IRS Would Add 5,000 Employees Under Obama's Budget Proposal

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Banjo, Feb 14, 2011.

1. zdreg

zdreg

if something gives it may be seen in the election of 2012. if the republicans can come up with a candidate who is not concerned about abortion or where men stick their penises etc. but can show competence to get the government of people's backs and also show a plan to turn around the economy then there will be hope.

it is not a hopeful scenario since most republicans barely understand
    how free markets work and are in favor of bailouts and regulation only to a lesser extent then their fellow democratic congressmen.

#11     Feb 14, 2011
  2. Keeping records for the IRS is getting to be a bigger and bigger headache for every business and individual taxpayers.

I stopped trading stocks and options (except with my IRA) to avoid tax time headache. Now I only trade futures with non-IRA funds. Less tax hassle.

#12     Feb 14, 2011
  3. Great 5000 extra IRS agents to collect more from the 40% of Americans that actually pay tax.

#13     Feb 14, 2011
  4. Actually to guarantee a win win they should hire as many new IRS employees as they want ... as long as they work from home and their compensation is 100% commission-based.

#14     Feb 15, 2011
  5. Don't give them any ideas...these guys would get desperate and start auditing their neighbors and relatives...I can just picture how out of hand it would be.

#15     Feb 15, 2011
  6. Reagan showed that deficits don't matter.

#16     Feb 15, 2011
  7. Early enough in the ponzi, the might not...once you get to the latter stages, then you start starving the private sector to continue funding the deficits.

#17     Feb 15, 2011