IRS wants millions hidden in Swiss accounts

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by crgarcia, Jul 1, 2008.

1. RedDuke

RedDuke

Not entirely true. Under Swiss law you can negotiate a flat amount of tax you will pay regardless of income earned.

#31     Jul 2, 2008
  2. The IRS is a legalized CRIMINAL organization
    once they put their eye on you, they never let you go

#32     Jul 2, 2008
  3. oneday

oneday

Thank you.

The hypocrisy of this Nation and it's rulers makes makes me believe that due process takes a back seat to profits for the taxpayer. The absolute greed shown by the myriad of laws put into place to hurt the middle class(if it still exists) and benefit the already super wealthy. Meanwhile the average Joe can hardly keep up with daily expenses that are threatening to send the whole family to the poor house.

Their laws apply to the populace but not to them. The powers that be can afford to hire a gaggle of lawyers, accountants, and bookkeepers to "smooth things over".

You know, i love this country and it's people. But i find that folks don't really know the WHY of this huge mess we are in. Hopefully, we can all wake up and take steps to put an end to this injustice.

It seems that we can't really catch a fair break unless your name is Mr. Moneybags.

Oneday

#33     Jul 3, 2008
  4. hughb

hughb

Today's WSJ reports that the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations has subpoenaed four taxpayers. Peter Lowy who owns Westfield Group, Steven Greenfield, Shannon Marsh and William Wu.

The subcommittee is getting their info from former employees at UBS and a Lichenstein bank called LGT. LGT is being the least cooperative citing privacy laws.

Spanish authorities are raiding financial firms in Spain to get the names of Spanish citizens who are avoiding taxes. This is a worldwide push, I wonder how far it will go. This stuff comes up from time to time but I've never paid much attention to it. It sounds pretty serious, but if it's happened before with no results, why are they doing it again?

#34     Jul 17, 2008
  5. To prove to their constituents that they're "doing something" about "it"

#35     Jul 17, 2008
  6. gnome

gnome

Sounds like you (a) never made any money in your life, (b) never intend to, and (c) happy to suckle from the public teat at the expense of others... that's the definition of a PARASITE! Shame on you...

#36     Jul 17, 2008
  7. Excellent Commentary All

Consumption tax only.....

YOU USE IT....YOU PAY FOR IT......

IRS ELIMINATION

#37     Jul 17, 2008
  8. these offshort accounts avoid paying taxes on. Unless you report to the IRS, it's impossible for the IRS to track down unpaid the owner of these offshore accounts.

1. interest on bonds, t-bills
    2. dividends on stocks
    3. capital gains

if you don't want to pay the us taxes, leave the country. everybody including a the min. wage worker pays those taxes.

#38     Jul 17, 2008