IRS Trouble

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Gordon Gekko, Oct 26, 2003.

1. well, i don't wanna fight with you guys over this. i've made my points and i've admitted my guilt. some of you will think i have a valid point, some of you won't. there's not much else i can say besides what i've already said.

#31     Oct 26, 2003
  2. hey i am with you on this one!!!! i don't see one thing wrong with getting on here and blowing off a little steam. it's not like you are cheating anyone...you OVER PAID!!!!!!! believe it or not if you call the irs and humbly explain your situation they may actually help you. if you do so i would be interested in seeing how this plays out.

good luck!!!

#32     Oct 26, 2003
  3. "at a job, they pay me for my time and i pick who i work for. i am basically required by the gov. to do this and i pretty much have no choice but to put up with the IRS's yearly nightmare."

So, you don't think you get anything from the government in return for your taxes?

"as for your maturity comment. some of you guys are 2x my age, maybe i am immature in some ways. when i'm your age i will have the extra money laying around to pay an accountant without thinking twice. as i said earlier, when you are pinching pennies and you hate the tax code, the LAST thing you wanna blow money on is figuring out a damn tax return!"

Gordon, no less than 5 people have told you to try Taxcut or Turbotax, or find a cheap tax preparer. You do not need an accountant. I would venture to guess your tax return is not very complicated. Why do you keep coming back to this argument? It makes you look ignorant.

#33     Oct 26, 2003
  4. RAY

RAY

PS. Honestly, try to get this thread removed (DELETED), or at least edit some of the 'threatening' points in some of your posts. Especially, the first post.

It paints you in a very bad light, and it can be an impetus for others (IRS, ect.), and god forbid anything happen, it can be used as a 'reference' about your position (actions).

Good Luck

#34     Oct 26, 2003
  5. Just do the return. If you make errors, the IRS will correct it, then you can check thier corrections and you will have the opportunity to dispute.

If you don't file the return, you are subject to criminal and civil penalties. It's that simple.

You will have to pay a late filing penalty. Regarding the letter, which a computer generated, call and tell them you have paid estimated taxes, and you will file promptly.

So shut up, quit whining, and file.

Collect the overpayment, drive downtown, get a bottle, go find a girl and have some fun.

#35     Oct 26, 2003
  6. Ebo

Ebo

GG:
    You basically are going to jail for slander against a US Government agency on the internet.
    I think your only solution is to pack up and leave the country for good!

:D :D

#36     Oct 26, 2003
  7. dilman57

dilman57

Just send it in.If there are mistakes the IRS corrects them.If you want you can go to an IRS office and review the whole thing with them. You sound like you're bitchin for the sake of bitchin.If you're so tight on money and are due a refund what are you waiting for? Don't be such a dope.

#37     Oct 26, 2003
  8. jem

jem

I am really surprised by how compliant people want to be with the authority. Where is the rebel, the contrarian, the guy who makes money trading because he thinks outside the box.

As a citizen you should be pissed that you are paying such a large percent of your money in taxes. Peasants and colonies rebelled against kings who were always grabbing at their hard earned property (money). Why should the govenment be able to tax your income. That seems to be against what the founding fathers intended.

I resent every dime I have to pay in income tax. That is one of the reasons I left california. Now I pay em cause I have to but I do not like it.

There are plenty of other ways for the govt to fund itself. For instance sales tax, value added tax, tax on imports. road taxes, train taxes, airline taxes. Consumption taxes maybe a necessary evil but income taxes are an insult to my citizenship and history. I pay cause i have to, but I hate it and self employment tax is even worse.

#38     Oct 26, 2003
  9. sprstpd

sprstpd

Independent individual traders don't pay self employment tax.

#39     Oct 26, 2003
  10. sprstpd

sprstpd

Several of the big tax preparers (i.e., TurboTax) have web versions now. You can use the web version to enter your taxes and you don't have to pay til you try to e-file or print your return. If you really want to do your return for free, use WebTurboTax and then manually copy the entries by hand to your return. Voila, $0 and you have a correct return.

#40     Oct 26, 2003