IRS Trouble

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Gordon Gekko, Oct 26, 2003.

1. again, i already have it done. i can add and subtract. i just wanted to have someone look it over before i sent it in. yes, i will send it in. they should not be threatening me with jail for this i'm sorry.

#21     Oct 26, 2003
  2. Are we going to start the discussion about God again? I believe when it comes to religion, GG is on the side of the majority in this country, but he is ahead of the curve. Let's face it, most Americans go to church or say "In God We Trust" or babble about "one nation under God" when they are really atheists or satanists, they just don't want to see or admit it. It's true, Jesus stood up for the whores and murderers and surrounded Himself with them, but they had to REPENT. The average American is PROUD of commiting fornication, adultery, theft, or simply causing himself and/or other humans grief or pain through lies, greed, or gluttony. It is his "constitutional right" and he "needs and deserves it". Well guess what, you can sing to the Lord all you want, if you don't repent you are not really religious. GG at least has the insight, honesty, and strength to recognize and state his position clearly and defend it here.

#22     Oct 26, 2003
  3. jem

jem

To be clear, if you can, and you do not want to be a tax protestor, comply with IRS rules. But my point was if you are not committing tax fraud you will not or almost 100 percent will not go to jail. I also advised him to call them and tell them what it is up. That phone call makes them very happy.

#23     Oct 26, 2003
  4. nkhoi

nkhoi

same here, i probl mail it by monday, if you don't own them money you have nothing to worry about (i do tho)

#24     Oct 26, 2003
  5. nkhoi

nkhoi

which status did you choose to file?

#25     Oct 26, 2003
  6. You mean, the IRS is making a big deal out of you having it done but not sending it in? How dare they!

When you were in high school/college, did you tell your teachers you had the assignment done, but just did not turn it in yet? Did they accept that?

Have you ever worked for an employer and had a due date? Did you tell them "Hey, I did it. I just did not give it to you on time."

I think what we have here is a lack of maturity. And, an irresponsible person. How does this affect your trading?

#26     Oct 26, 2003
  7. there is no tax fraud and i will call them and tell them what's going on...and i'll send in my return (it's been done for a while).

i really don't want to fight with everyone here. i fully admit some things i did wrong. i am NOT claiming 100% innocence here! yes i know i should have sent it in on time. in the future when i have some more money to blow, i'll have an accountant do it for me. the last thing i want to do right now is waste money on taxes when i strongly believe they should not be this complicated. even paying $50 for a tax program is too much. the government should give us a free tax program then if they can't make it simple for us.

anyway, on top of it, i was extra pissed when they threatened me with jail. not like i think i'll actually go, but that pissed me off.

anyone who gave me advice, thanks.

one more thing, i can't stand when politicians talk about adding deductions for things in the tax code. for example, if you have a windmill in your back yard, subtract this number from that number, etc. that's where it's getting messed up. my tax return should be a few simple calculations. they're mixing too much stuff into the tax code.

the tax code is the junk drawer of the united states government.

#27     Oct 26, 2003
  8. pspr

pspr

Opps, I may have misspoken in my earlier post to you.

The IRS can't do anything in this situation. The tax code is way too complicated for the averge Joe (or GG) to understand or take the time to comply with. Any court would toss out any action the IRS takes because the tax code needs to be simplified and re-written and until then don't concern yourself with it.

Don't worry GG, the IRS is too stupid to bring any real heat on you like taking your home, your car, your bank accounts, essentually your life as you know it. They have tried this thousands of times with others and know they can't win.

Just because they have the power to do many of these things without court approval don't worry. You are in the right! Fight the bureaucrats! Fight Fight Fight. Fight for every little guy who has had his life tossed in the garbage by the IRS for not complying with the tax code. I'm sure you will win.

Put that return in a strong safe and tell the IRS they aren't getting it until they simplify the tax code! Tell 'um GG. Make 'um pay for their idol treats and unreasonable tax requirements.

Everyone who files and pays on time are behind you. They like deadbeats who don't take the time to do what they need to comply. Besides, if you wait long enough the IRS will just do your tax return for you! Then just let them try to put you in jail or take all your stuff or both.

I'm sure you are in the right and will win this tussle with those idiot IRS agents! Hang in there GG!!

It has been fun reading your posts, I, for one, will miss you.

#28     Oct 26, 2003
  9. the point is, the government should not be giving us these assignments!!!!!! i have no problem with a tax return, but not some x thousand page rule book.

at a job, they pay me for my time and i pick who i work for. i am basically required by the gov. to do this and i pretty much have no choice but to put up with the IRS's yearly nightmare.

as for your maturity comment. some of you guys are 2x my age, maybe i am immature in some ways. when i'm your age i will have the extra money laying around to pay an accountant without thinking twice. as i said earlier, when you are pinching pennies and you hate the tax code, the LAST thing you wanna blow money on is figuring out a damn tax return!

#29     Oct 26, 2003
  10. pspr

pspr

Well, I'm contradicting my self here but unless you like financial pain and possible jail time then

"...............the FIRST thing you wanna blow money on is figuring out a damn tax return!"

#30     Oct 26, 2003