IRS Trouble

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Gordon Gekko, Oct 26, 2003.

1. hey maybe if i could afford to pay accountants to do everything for me like probably you guys i wouldn't be in this situation. if you were struggling to make it you would be pinching pennies, too.

#11     Oct 26, 2003
  2. pspr

pspr

The IRS and God - your two biggest problems! Or are there others we don't know about? You make a great contrarian - always zig when the rest of the world zags and to h*ll with what is right.

#12     Oct 26, 2003
  3. Dude - this is not true. Your accountant may have sent your return in late, but he probably filed an extension. GG did not do anything.

He is not "golden" if he just sent them a check without a return, or did not file an extension. He is in trouble. Don't give out bad advice.

#13     Oct 26, 2003
  4. Thus far people have told you about TurboTax, Kiplinger, and cheaper than $500 tax preparers. You obviously have not read the posts, as you are still talking about having to pay accountants. This is why people do not like you - you are stupid.

#14     Oct 26, 2003
  5. i didn't say it made a difference, i was just correcting what you said.

i actually did file an extention...twice.

#15     Oct 26, 2003
  6. i know you have to file yearly.

eventually when i have some money i'll have someone help and i'll file on time.

when you are young and struggling you have to pinch pennies. that's what i'm doing. if the tax code was in english, i would have sent it in already.

#16     Oct 26, 2003
  7. As an accountant who prepared taxes for over ten years, I would dispute most of what is in this post. If it works for you, fine. But I would not advise anyone to continuously file late without an extension.

"If you committed fraud that might be jail time but not getting your return in is almost your constitutional right." Again, without filing an extension, you are playing with fire. This reminds me of those infomercials around March/April every year that talk about how you don't have to pay taxes at all. Just buy the program for $99.99 and they will tell you how...

#17     Oct 26, 2003
  8. i read somewhere they can't fine you if you overpay on time but file late. look it up.

i did file 2 extensions, but yes, it's still late.

i'm not defending myself saying i'm totally innocent here. i'm just saying the tax system is a joke and they should not be threatening to send me to jail for something like this.

#18     Oct 26, 2003
  9. STFU

#19     Oct 26, 2003
  10. Taxes ARE a pain in the ass, but come on - they are not that complicated. Do you own your own house? Business? Do you itemize? There are so many things I am sure you do not have to worry about, Gordon. Why do you keep complaining about how hard it is? Spend a weekend afternoon with a book or a tax prep program. Seriously, put in a little effort - if you can add or subtract you can do this yourself. And, with a tax prep program all you have to do is answer the questions - for God's sake! You don't even have to know how to add or subtract.

#20     Oct 26, 2003