IRS Sons of dogs!!! Grrrrrrr!!!!!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by LEAPup, Aug 4, 2010.

1. gobar

gobar

instead of giving 100k to IRS y not go to china, or some other country and live like millionaires (in there currency)

#41     Aug 5, 2010
  2. so you forgot a 1099 that generated 80k in taxes? lol. thats my story and im sticking to it.

#42     Aug 5, 2010
  3. Re the 1099. This is odd.

If you had to make quartly estimated tax payments, you'd include income in each quarter and tally up the 1099 with the estimated income from the same company at the end of the year.

Even if a company issued no 1099, you still should be reporting income. Not hard to miss. You cashed a check, how was it recorded?

All in all, paying estimated quartely taxes based on even seasonally adjusted income should have prevented any large oversights.

#43     Aug 5, 2010
  4. donnap

donnap

Not my area of expertise, but for the sake of discussion.

Wouldn't an overlooked 1099 make sense? They only see proceeds, not basis, so perhaps they give it a zero cost basis?

There would be no quarterly tax due except on the net, which was likely a small part of the total.

#44     Aug 5, 2010
  5. donnap

donnap

Well good, because your title is a total insult - To DOGS!

#45     Aug 5, 2010
  6. LEAPup

LEAPup

Gotta say, you are a free thinker.

#46     Aug 5, 2010
  7. LEAPup

LEAPup

Agreed. I like dogs which is why I have four rescues.

I shouldn't have correlated the IRS to dogs. Other wording would be more appropriate.

#47     Aug 5, 2010
  8. nkhoi

nkhoi

I happenned to me one, they said I owned 80K, after running around and nobody would take my case for 50/50 I called them up using the number lised on the letter, 5m later they figured out they calculated the number in the wrong catagory, case closed.

#48     Aug 5, 2010
  9. LEAPup

LEAPup

I'm hoping this is the case. We'll see. It's been a "fun" experience thus far.:(

Why the hell do we not have a flat tax in place? This is asinine!

#49     Aug 5, 2010
  10. pspr

pspr

Because the government doesn't want the general taxpayer to know that half of all income earners pay NO INCOME TAX. In fact, they get money from the government. They like to keep the code complicated so you can't easily see the special interest breaks they give out.

Charlie Rangle who was in charge of writing income tax law got caught making his own tax breaks.

"I DID NOTHING ILLEGAL." Charlie

#50     Aug 5, 2010