IRS Scandal Bombshell

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

That's a pretty accurate and fair description.
    I've taken the liberty of creating a nick name for him. "PieHole"

#21     Jul 19, 2013
  2. pspr

pspr

It would sure save us a lot of reading if he could condense his diatribe a bit.

I never did get an answer from him the other day about his field of consulting that he said he did.

#22     Jul 19, 2013
  3. piezoe

piezoe

"irregardless" is knot part of the Enklish languish. I assume you ment "regardless."

P.S. Their will bee know charge four the Inklish lesion.

#23     Jul 19, 2013
  4. whatever. You can comb thru my last 50 posts if you're so inclined to find some "picayune" item.

Ignore the content, attack the grammar. Good on ya.

#24     Jul 19, 2013
  5. wjk

wjk

Do you believe it's possible, given what we've learned regarding other gov agencies and knowing what we know about the media these days, that the truth about whether the WH is involved may never be known (of course you do)? If you are truly serious about what you say, what does your gut tell you?

This admin is masterful (with a complicit media) at the shell game while those in congress (mostly pubs along with a few dems) are masters at wack-a-mole.

#25     Jul 20, 2013
  6. piezoe

piezoe

I misunderestimated.:D

(I apologize. I should learn to think before hitting return.)

#26     Jul 20, 2013
  7. pspr

pspr

A very common liberal mistake, pie. We understand since we see all the liberals here do the same thing time after time. :D

#27     Jul 20, 2013
  8. piezoe

piezoe

You're right, of course. My gut tells me that if the WH was involved there would be several layers between the WH and the operatives that would almost certainly never get peeled back. When I look at the 501c(4) rules and I see the absurdity of all these organizations applying as "Social Welfare" organizations my gut tells me that the IRS made a giant mistake to get involved with pre-certifying them before they had filed returns. That's why I wonder if there was not some political involvement, not necessarily ordering them to do this or that with specific applications depending on political leaning, but pressuring them to bend the rules. What a mess was created, by not just summarily rejecting them all until a return was filed. On the other hand the tax code is insane, the IRS is a huge wing of Treasury, and they do stupid things, and make honest mistakes daily. But they have been used by the White House in the past to harass political enemies , that we know. So could it happen again? Of course it could.

Because of the nature of the hearings and a national TV ad campaign attacking the IRS, that appears to be coordinated with the hearings, I am highly suspicious that this whole business hasn't much at all to do with trying to improve IRS operations, which we would all welcome, but far more to do with a planned political move. If so, then populist, political opportunists may have cleverly seized on mistreatment of 501c(4) applicants as there opportunity to curry favor with their substituents, and launch an all out attack on the IRS. This whole business of Washington politics is taking on a stench like I have not seen in my lifetime, and it is blowing from all directions.

#28     Jul 20, 2013
  9. pspr

pspr

Pie, you can't fix the problems until you identify the problems and hold those responsible for any illegalities and political targeting accountable.

When employees are taking the 5th amendment, the operational leader (the president) and liberal members of congress trying to obstruct legitimate investigations, there is even more need to be hard nosed at trying to pry the truth out of those agencies.

Surely, you are smart enough to know that.

#29     Jul 20, 2013
  10. BSAM

BSAM

Just a reminder:

THE MONEY YOU EARN/HAVE BELONGS TO YOU, NOT THE GOVERNMENT.

Okay...Carry on.

#30     Jul 20, 2013