IRS Looking Into Tax Schemes That Reportedly Boosted Romney's IRA

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Having a bad day there piggy? I'll bet you don't have overseas tax sheltered accounts do you.

#11     Oct 5, 2012
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

+ 10

#12     Oct 5, 2012
  3. nope, i'm just sick of seeing the same tired garbage repeated. Your problem isn't with me or Romney, it is with Congress and the IRS as they write and enforce the tax code.

#13     Oct 5, 2012

4. Even if guilty of this it's much to do about nothing.
    10K investment treated as $1000
    So he gets only a $1000 deduction the year he puts it in (vs 10000)and what's more he'll owe taxes on the full value when he takes it out.
    There's no savings here as a matter of fact his tax rate will probably be higher when he takes the money out.

This scheme is wholly dependent upon tax rates being lower in the future than when earned.
    Mitt doesn't strike me as stupid enough to assume this a given.

#14     Oct 5, 2012
  5. You are right PB, it is congress, and putting a guy like Romney at the top will only make it worse. I think anyway, hell I have no idea what the guy will actually do he says something different every other day. He could do a flip and work with congress to keep Obamacare and just work out the bugs to make it better, who the heck knows. It's really the far right wing I'm against so that is one of the main reasons I'm voting against Romney and I do like Obama and his work on romneycare/obamacare.
    I may vote moderate republican again someday if we have a democrat congress to keep things in balance.

#15     Oct 5, 2012
  6. Yeah he'll owe full marginal tax rates when he takes it out.

RMD on that much money is the highest marginal tax bracket we have.

#16     Oct 5, 2012
  7. Don't be so sure Phoenix, for every tax you and I pay there is a rich guy with a team of accountants and lawyers avoiding that tax.

#17     Oct 5, 2012
  8. So what? if it's legal it's fair game.

#18     Oct 5, 2012
  9. Another brainwashed soldier of wealthy America. March on soldier.

#19     Oct 5, 2012
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

NOTHING can be worse than Obama, NOTHING!

#20     Oct 5, 2012