IRS is the new "N" word according to Martin Bashir

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Jun 5, 2013.

1. No I don't chase roofing jobs that far. When I go to the coast it's doing adjusting working for the insurance companies.

#31     Jun 6, 2013
  2. BSAM

BSAM

Hmmm...What is a blue roof?

#32     Jun 6, 2013
  3. wjk

wjk

One day I'll share a story about my adjuster (the first one) after Ivan , but that's for chit chat and another day. I fear I derailed this thread (sorry).

So back to the topic. I'm no fan of Bashir (big surprise, right?[​IMG]) .

#33     Jun 6, 2013
  4. wjk

wjk

Big blue tarp they put on your roof after your shingles/tiles blow away.

#34     Jun 6, 2013
  5. BSAM

BSAM

LOL
    I thought it was some type of roof I had never heard of.
    I think tile or metal is the only way to go with a roof.
    You do those, brother Big?

#35     Jun 6, 2013
  6. wjk

wjk

[​IMG]

Temp fix while waiting for Bigarrow's crew to arrive. Sometimes weeks or months depending on the storm.

#36     Jun 6, 2013
  7. I've had friends get into business and they were thinking since they were skilled and hard workers and priced reasonable that they would be successful. Then comes the hard reality that nothing moves without sales, nothing. I've done this so long it doesn't feel like sales to me. I'm pretty laid back and I have enough referrals coming in so I don't feel pressure when I'm talking to people. I enjoy it, there's some neat people out there.

#37     Jun 6, 2013
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Roofing, honest hard work absolutely, skilled labor? Who knew.
    Just not here, huh?

#38     Jun 6, 2013

9. Yeppers roofing does take skilled labor. That's the secret right there lucrum, hire skilled labor. It cost more but it's worth it.

#39     Jun 6, 2013
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Oh yeah, how much school and or training is required for that?
    Is there licensing involved, for the hired hands not the contractor?

I only recall doing any roofing once, when I was a kid. I honestly don't remember my exact age but I think it was 11 or 12 possibly 13. I'm pretty sure I wasn't strong enough to carry the packages of shingles up the ladder. But I had no problem with anything else. I didn't have any training of course but I already knew how to hammer a nail from helping with my dad's construction of adding on to our house.

(it was a one story house that did not have a particularly steep roof)

#40     Jun 6, 2013