IRS gets $500 million to implement Obama’s health law

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Banjo, Apr 9, 2012.

1. mercor --- u are half right... but more wrong.

the government insurance in the Affordable Health care act will get you insurance where u will not pay $10k deductible. it will be the top of the line insurance. with subsidies up to 600% of poverty level.

yes u might be right. possibly u could have a $10k deductible and lower it $100 for individual and $300 for family...

i will not research it, but can agree.

so mercor. is this what you want??? is this fair??? do you believe that poor people should be responsible for their first $10k. if they make $20k a year how will they survice? u believe the doctors and the drug companies should get rich off of people's misfortune? if so then yes you are right and we disagree. i hope u are not christian or musilim. i hope u are a capitalist atheist, becuase if you are not then you are a hypocrite.

#11     Apr 9, 2012
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Neither you, nor the government, have any right to force me to purchase anything. End of story.

#12     Apr 9, 2012
  3. lucrum - thank you!!!! for the intelligent response.

i think u miss the point. if we are all in it together, we all need to help each other. if you dont believe your fellow american needs your help. i cant fault you for that. that is your opinion. the government cleans my streets, picks up my garbage, makes my roads, and pays my police. if i could have my flat screen, cable, a car, food, and health care and knew it was guaranteed for life. i would not need money. i just want to live. and be happy. i will work. and i will work hard. but why do i need 1 million in the bank??? i dont. i am down to share my good fortune.

clearly u are not.

#13     Apr 9, 2012
  4. Bob111

Bob111

#14     Apr 9, 2012
  5. tsing tao -- i would love to agree with u on that.

but in my state i MUST pay car insurance.
    also we all must pay SS.
    we all must pay to get a drivers license.

if we are forced to pay for these things. i think we should also be forced to pay for health insurance. it all falls under the umbrella of doing whats best for ALL.

#15     Apr 9, 2012
  6. Bob111

Bob111

---the government cleans my streets, picks up my garbage, makes my roads, and pays my police.---

that's state and local gvt.
    btw-AVERAGE police officer's salary in my area is 97K a year + everything else is free. pension for life,insurance etc.. turn around and count how many people in private sector making 100K a year today in US. i'm talking about per person,not household.

#16     Apr 9, 2012
  7. That would not be right imo. But what they should do is divide food stamps into produce and non-produce (simpy add a "P" to make a new voucher type), then convert say, 40% of a person's food stamp rations to "P-only". That way at least the government would be helping people stave off diseases that medicaid then has to pay to treat.

#17     Apr 9, 2012
  8. (Devil's advocate): Not true, you don't have to choose to own a car or drive one.

#18     Apr 9, 2012
  9. bob --- so u want to do that job... i would not. so what you want is a cop to work for 50? 30? what do you want.

if u want me too... i will research it. but would be shocked if feds do not got give money for local law enforcement. do u agree, or do u really think they are only funded by municipalities.

#19     Apr 9, 2012
  10. Bob111

Bob111

yep..they sure do. not sure,if the local gvt truly need it..here is your tax dollars at work-

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/16/police-tank-purchase-new-hampshire_n_1279983.html

[​IMG]

it make no sense to me,when public servants are earning more(sometimes x2+ more) than their masters(tax payers from private sector). don't know about you, but i have problem with that.

#20     Apr 9, 2012