IRS - American tyranny

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by hippie, Feb 18, 2010.

1. pspr

pspr

I don't know, it probably would be expensive. Plus you would probably have to find out where the redundant data is kept and have another wipe that site too. Another great "off the wall' theory for those on ET to discuss.
    :D

#41     Feb 18, 2010
  2. From what I can tell, the guy is an admitted tax evader who is upset that he didn't get away with it.

#42     Feb 18, 2010
  3. I lived in a country with technically only VAT and saw that it is the WORST tax system ever

How can you defend a tax system where all the poor and rich people pay the same percentage of tax and not expect super poverty and super rich.

Believe me it is the worst tax system.

#43     Feb 18, 2010
  4. I don't advocate suicide. However, I sympathize with the guy's desperation. A minor error in tax filling can became gigantic penalty. The tax code is so complicated that it is error prone.

Even H&R, made a huge error in their own tax in 2008 or 2007.

#44     Feb 18, 2010
  5. BSAM

BSAM

That's not what the FairTax does. READ IT.

#45     Feb 18, 2010

6. Taxes suck. But the crowd that thinks they don't have to pay at all and gets righteous about it are as loony as it gets.

I guess the next clown that tries to sell the scam will get a different reception.

From 1993, these imbeciles have been around a while
    http://www.unclefed.com/Tax-News/1993/Nr93-114.html

#46     Feb 18, 2010
  7. achilles28

achilles28

Bullshit.

Nearly half of all tax dollars are wasted on bureaucratic regulators enforcing laws that encumber private business or citizens. That's a tax on a tax!!!

A flat tax reduces taxes 30%+ for most. The poor, who get a meager tax hike of 15% on necessities, is totally offset by the increased economic activity stimulated by such a massive cut. And the effect would be huge.

Imagine the economic boon when Trillions of Dollars stay in the private sector?? Instead of wasted by Government Bureaucrats?!?

America desperately needs to abolish the IRS, Tax Code, Income Tax and implement a fair tax/consumption tax.

The Tax Code is a fucking joke. 20 different accountants file 20 different returns. The IRS even holds preparers accountable for bad advice the IRS GAVE THEM. The System is designed to ensnare the little guy, while sufficiently complicated for the uber rich to exploit it's loopholes. It's a two-tier system. Congress loves the IRS because it enables reckless print-and-spend budgets which is just another form of Corporate graft - payback to the lobbyists who got them elected. Corporations get politicians elected, who then, pay back those Corporations with taxpayer money/legislative favors that erect quasi monopoly's/trade barriers/entry barriers.

It's one big cesspool of corruption and graft that's bankrupted this Country. Wallstreet and Bankers being the Number#1 Lobbyist on Capital Hill, and just look at our National Debt? Isn't it something1?! Doubled in the past 2 years.

Now it's a debt crisis/currency crisis because the whores in Washington bent the taxpayer over one too many times. Where does it end? Where is the outrage??!

What that guy did was totally wrong and deplorable. But this Country is going down the tubes, fucking quick. A lot more people are gonna die of starvation, looting, rioting, no meds etc when the Shit Hits the Fan. And who's at fault then?? Who's to blame then? No one? Everyone?

#47     Feb 19, 2010
  8. Except according to his own document, it wasn't a minor error, it was an intentional attempt at getting around the rules.

This doesn't seem to be a "confused, innocent grandmother" story.

#48     Feb 19, 2010
  9. "Return to the early ‘80s, and here I was off to a terrifying start as a ‘wet-behind-the-ears’ contract software engineer... and two years later, thanks to the fine backroom, midnight effort by the sleazy executives of Arthur Andersen (the very same folks who later brought us Enron and other such calamities) and an equally sleazy New York Senator (Patrick Moynihan), we saw the passage of 1986 tax reform act with its section 1706."

fighting the wrong people. Too bad he didn't knock off a few republicans before his little adventure. They're the real enemies of the state. Selling everyone and everything they can get their hands on for the lowest possible campaign donation.

#49     Feb 19, 2010
  10. A flat tax can be defended on simple fairness - everyone pays an identical proportion of what they can afford. It can also be defended on simplicity - the tax code would be about 100 times smaller, understandable by the average person, and would not require an army of goons with tyrannical powers to enforce it. People would stop wasting huge amounts of time and money on tax preparation, finding loopholes, and compliance, all totally unproductive activity. The government would become less corrupt because there would no longer be special tax breaks for certain industries up for grabs if you spend enough millions on lobbying. Half of government pork/waste/corruption would disappear.

I'm not aware of any evidence at all that a flat tax causes more "super poverty and super rich" than a progressive tax system.

Even if it did cause that, so what? The government's duty is to preserve the liberty and security of its citizens, and uphold equality under the law - not equality of outcomes. It has no duty to make a poor person rich or vice versa. Trying to do so infringes the preservation of liberty in any case - such as by taxing rich people punitively at much higher rates than the poor, as happens in much of Europe.

The US has gone too far the other way, where Buffett and Gates pay a lower % tax rate than their cleaners and secretaries.

A flat tax would avoid distortions either way, simplifying the system, reducing waste and corruption both in the private and government sectors, and making the tax system fair and easy to understand. In some countries it would even increase revenues due to further compliance and a reduction in tax evasion, as happened when Russia introduced a 13% flat tax a few years ago.

If a few people on welfare have to go out and get a job as a result - well, so much the better. Maybe some small businesses will actually be able to afford to employ them, now that their compliance burden and overall tax rate is lower. And in the long run even the most uneducated lazy person is far better off working for a living than sitting collecting welfare cheques.

#50     Feb 19, 2010