IRS Admits Targeting Conservative Groups Before Election

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, May 10, 2013.

1. pspr

pspr

It's getting closer to Obama!

Internal Revenue Service officials in Washington and at least two other offices were involved in the targeting of conservative groups seeking tax-exempt status, making clear that the effort reached well beyond the branch in Cincinnati that was initially blamed, according to documents obtained by The Washington Post.

IRS officials at the agency’s Washington headquarters sent queries to conservative groups asking about their donors and other aspects of their operations, while officials in the El Monte and Laguna Niguel offices in California sent similar questionnaires to tea party-affiliated groups.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...185644-bbdf-11e2-97d4-a479289a31f9_print.html

#41     May 13, 2013
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

The buck stops at the desk in the oval office PERIOD

#42     May 13, 2013
  3. wjk

wjk

And fuck just firing these fuckers.

I suggest that if lawsuits occur, the taxpayer doesn't pay but the gov bureaucrats involved do. I also would like to see complicit politicians, supervisors, and low level bureaucrats in orange jumpers.

We now only need a republican party with balls to get the proceedings going in a MEANINGFUL way. Hey Boehner, you hear that!? You out there? Let's go, man![​IMG]

#43     May 13, 2013
  4. wjk

wjk

"Cleta Mitchell, one of Washington's most respected elections attorneys, told Newsmax she has tangible proof that high-ranking IRS officials in Washington were fully aware of the agency's campaign to target conservative groups for heightened scrutiny, despite their denials.

And she thinks the president knew about the practice too. If proven, she said, it could be an impeachable offense..."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/irs-obama-tea-party/2013/05/14/id/504419

#44     May 14, 2013
  5. pspr

pspr

Wow! Does anybody remember what happened to Vince Foster when Clinton was president? It could be 'bye bye Cleta.'

If not, it could be 'bye bye Obama.'

#45     May 14, 2013
  6. Mitchell said she doesn't believe that the president or the White House was uninvolved in the IRS activities, as the administration has claimed.

She added, "They may try to say it was low-level people. It was not low-level people. They weren't in Cincinnati. It was being directed out of Washington, and I have them on record saying that."

Asked whether it would be an impeachable offence if it emerged that the president or his officials were behind the IRS's practices, Mitchell said, "Well, it certainly was for Richard Nixon 40 years ago this week."

She added, "Isn't that ironic? The House of Representatives passed articles of impeachment against President Richard Nixon 40 years ago this week on May 18, and one of those was misuse of the IRS to go after political enemies."

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/irs-obama-tea-party/2013/05/14/id/504419#ixzz2TIMXpHzi

#46     May 14, 2013
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

And she thinks the president knew about the practice too. If proven, she said, it could be an impeachable offense..."

If proven, she said, it could be an impeachable offense..."

#47     May 14, 2013
  8. achilles28

achilles28

Progressive Group: IRS Gave Us Conservative Groups' Confidential Docs

The progressive-leaning investigative journalism group ProPublica says the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) office that targeted and harassed conservative tax-exempt groups during the 2012 election cycle gave the progressive group nine confidential applications of conservative groups whose tax-exempt status was pending...

ProPublica says the documents the IRS gave them were “not supposed to be made public”

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...Them-Confidential-Docs-On-Conservative-Groups

Any one else notice Benghazi is totally out of the news cycle now? Cover a scandal with a lesser scandal?

#48     May 14, 2013
  9. pspr

pspr

I see a big tornado swirling around with the words Benghazi, IRS and DOJ emblazoned on the clouds. I just can't quite make out the words, "fast and furious" clearly anymore.

I also see the words "AP Wiretap" swirling around in a big tornado over the heads of every journalist now.

#49     May 14, 2013
  10. achilles28

achilles28

I hope so. When it came out yesterday Republicans cleared Hillary, I knew it was a total whitewash. Benghazi was a WH ordered stand-down. Ships in the Med. Drones in the sky above the embassy. It was an op. That rabbit hole goes deep.

Alternative media speculate no real partisan investigations happen because each side (republicans and democrats) have the real dirt on each other. Neither side wants to go mutually assured destruction, so they pull punches and white wash to stay in power. Lest, a *total* house cleaning of both parties. Makes sense. That's one reason for the NSA - a gigantic blackmailing machine for DC politicians....

#50     May 14, 2013