IRS Admits Targeting Conservative Groups Before Election

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, May 10, 2013.

1. BSAM

BSAM

And drifting off topic, but in the same general tone of oppressive government; don't even get me started on these illegal, inland "immigration checkpoints" which are popping up all over the country.
    Gestapo/Nazi bullshit.

#31     May 13, 2013
  2. Amen we're going more to a police state all the time.

#32     May 13, 2013
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

But...but...

#33     May 13, 2013
  4. Lucrum unlike in your fantasy world everything isn't black and white. I can't help you; you'll have to take the initiative to help yourself.

#34     May 13, 2013
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

:D

I did not ask for your "help"

I do not need your "help"

I do not think everything is black and white although many many things are, whether you can see it or not.

I do like facts though, something I rarely see you posting.

#35     May 13, 2013
  6. There's some you tube video's on how to break balls at an immigration check point. "Am I free to go?" And they let him go.

#36     May 13, 2013
  7. wjk

wjk

You think they mean it, especially since the tea party was the target? Even many republican politicians hate the tea party. They're saying how wrong it is because they have to, and you know it.

I don't think Feinstein would ever say a word if she knew it was going on providing it was her enemies being targeted. The IRS got caught (or was outed to create a diversion for some of the other bullshit mounting up with this corrupt and opaque administration).

And how about all the people here in this very forum who were spouting pure hatred toward the tea party? You think they would have cared about this particular abuse? Shit, they were probably jumping for joy when the rumors about this abuse were first issued by Levin...when it was going on. Of course, the response to him...no way...gov wouldn't do that.

Show me a dem with shame, and I'll show you a dem who says this was wrong and actually means it.

#37     May 13, 2013
  8. wjk this isn't a democrat/republican issue. The IRS using its power in a political way is scary for an American and violates the principles of our government. We all know that politicians play the game dirty on both sides but this crosses all the lines. I can't see how everyone involved in this isn't fired, except for secretaries of course. To answer your question, yes I think they mean it.

#38     May 13, 2013
  9. pspr

pspr

Crazy Nancy Pelosi says it is the Supreme Court's fault that the IRS targeted conservative groups. :D

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said Monday that the IRS should be condemned for targeting conservative groups for special scrutiny in the run-up to last year’s elections, but she also blamed the Supreme Court for opening the door to broader political activity.

In the Citizens United decision, the court ruled 5-4 that corporations have First Amendment political rights and ruled that while they cannot contribute directly to candidates, they can run ads making their own views known.

Mrs. Pelosi, the top Democrat in the House, said that has become a problem for the IRS in enforcing the laws.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog...may/13/pelosi-irs-problem-stems-court-ruling/
    --

BullCrap if it isn't a partisan issue. It was only conservative groups that were targeted, it started a year after Obama was elected and continued since.

We are going to find that this is widespread and it's coming straight from the White House. Whether or not they are going to be able to prove that link is the only question.

#39     May 13, 2013
  10. wjk

wjk

I hope you're right, but let me ask you this: We had IRS audits like this under Clinton (we also had filegate, where low levels were thrown under the bus to protect the real culprits). Now we have this under Obama. Can you show me the record of the Republicans using the IRS like this since Nixon? And yes, this IRS shit goes all the way to the top. It's Obama's admin. This "both sides do it" shit only goes so far with me.

#40     May 13, 2013