Irresponsible IB

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Bruce ZX, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Bruce ZX

Bruce ZX

1: Go to C:/JTS/ and open the file named 'jts.ini', if the 2nd last line in that file is 'Peer=gw1.ibllc.com.hk:4000', your account is on HK. IF it is ''Peer=gw1.ibllc.com:4000', then your account is on US.

2: In the same folder, there are log file from Mon to Fri. Open any one of them, there are complete details about how your account is routed in it.

PS: the number after gw may not be 1.

#11     Nov 17, 2008
  2. Bruce ZX

Bruce ZX

Many Chinese Clients don't even know the server things.
    Among the rest, many of them trade Asian Markets only.
    Among the rest of rest, many of them trade with strategies not so sensitive to the server. They love faster connections to HK server.
    Among the rest of the rest of the rest, some of them opened the IB account with the help of some chinese agents. They are not confident of their English skills. They hesitate to contact IB CS when they really want to.
    Among the rest of the rest of the rest of the rest, not many of them got two account and one of them already on HK server.
    Among the rest of the rest of the rest of the rest of the rest, they are just lazy, sitting at home wishing everything going wrong is illusion.
    Is me the one of the two. I am not surprised.

#12     Nov 17, 2008
  3. gangof4

gangof4

yeah, debated putting your name on the list, as i like you and you're generous with your time helping others. that said, i cannot understand how you so vehemently come to IB's defence on any and all threads about IB. i honestly think it's counterproductive to our common goal- the best broker possible. when every detractor is attacked and lambasted as an idiot from multiple posters, it deflects often warranted criticism away from IB. if there were more of a united front of serious traders (ie: 5 figure comm/month to IB) holding IB accountable, i think IB would be more responsive. we all have the same goals- vehemently advocating complacency from your broker seems against your own interests.

thursday when i was stuck in DAX contracts, i started to start a thread, then decided i wasn't in the mood to be called a wanker/idiot/whatever when i was simply looking for answers as to wtf was going on (it took 22 minutes for IB euro to answer the fucking phone (not on hold- ringing!)- i had 2 phones going to make sure i got someone. once thru, an excersie in frustration until i finally got a manager with a clue, who got me out and was seriously great- nothing but praise for him.

anyway, got to get back to trading.

i may start a thread an detail some very fixable things that IB has refused to do the past 2 years in hopes that someone at IB will give a shit enough to at least address why they can't do them. of course, the thread will be under immediate attack and the point will be quickly lost...

good trading to you, kiwi...

#13     Nov 18, 2008
  4. gangof4

gangof4

does your jaw ever get sore?...

#14     Nov 18, 2008
  5. If you were to do a careful study (but, my god, you'd have to be bored to death to do so) you'll find that I attack:
    - a small selection of twats
    - truly stupid complainers; and
    - those who put up really overstated headlines.

As my friend def knows it isn't about defending ib, its about attacking twats. Also, I rather enjoy telling said folk to foxtrot off and leave IB ... now please :)

Having said that, I've had great service from IB, and what's more, when I've found problems they've fixed them (although not always exactly how I would have preferred (ref 5 second data)). But I really like them as a broker - for me.

I will be happy to contribute to your thread ... but to be fair I might point out a few issues that I've bought to the attention of def, dav, and others who have kindly got them fixed for me (and the rest of the user group). Nice to see def posting on the ib thread at T2W by the way.

And good trading to you too Go4. I am thinking that with these markets getting smaller and smaller I might have to leave SPI and STW if the daily ranges get to small and come back to HSI. I suspect it might happen soon so I've started collecting data again - it still looks nice.

#15     Nov 18, 2008
  6. KK70

KK70

gangof4,

You seem to be a large size trader. Why dont you keep the direct tel numbers of such "managers with a clue" on your speed-dial? Given the large volumes that you trade, I would think that you will want the most competent response to your situation everytime. I am sure IB or any brokerage house for that matter will accomodate you on that front with what you are giving them in commissions.

I've personally found that even the best organizations have some terribly inefficient and clueless people. I try and make it a point never to get stuck with them. If I come across a gem, rest assured that that person is the one I will contact with any future problems, suggestions etc. They are the guys who will get things done.

#16     Nov 18, 2008
  7. bszhang

bszhang

Bruce,

I will PM def to be the 3rd one.

#17     Nov 23, 2008
  8. Bruce ZX

Bruce ZX

Good to have you, bro. Are you the one from d56's site?

Update on Server Change:
    The server change I requested last week failed due to TECHNICAL REASON. My account is still on HK server.

I am surprised.

#18     Nov 23, 2008
  9. And the secret is that the TECHNICAL REASON is that someone decided that you were a TWAT and should be taught a lesson.

(Sorry, IB, couldn't resist that ... giggling like a little kid here. I'm sure you wouldn't do that to Bruce, well almost sure).

#19     Nov 23, 2008
  10. Bruce ZX

Bruce ZX

hmm, let me guess, either you are hired by another broker or you truely have mental problems. Wait, maybe you are just a homeless jobless natural born ED who have nothing to do but trolling around ET? Emmm, that makes perfect sense.

#20     Nov 23, 2008