iron condor

Discussion in 'Options' started by osho67, Jan 19, 2012.

1. daveyc

daveyc

but, i am not sure if you are being sarcastic with your first sentence hahaha. if you are well, then screw you. but if not, well then you'll have to disregard the screw you part. lol.

#31     Jan 27, 2012
  2. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

how much does your credit spread lose on a 5% selloff/rally where don't have time to react? That should be your guage.

Best way if your broker doesn't provide the information is to do it in excel. Simple european blackscholes would be sufficient to get an idea.

#32     Jan 27, 2012
  3. daveyc

daveyc

i do not trade iron condors/credit spreads. i'm not sure where that came from and how you would read that i do?? i think they are too risky!

#33     Jan 27, 2012
  4. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

How to get premium while being flat gamma and vega?

#34     Jan 27, 2012
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

You could always mug someone. :)

But that has it's risks as well.

#35     Jan 27, 2012
  6. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Gotta pay cash for a gun. Hopefully can get a positive return on that. Furtunately the gun is reusable and bullets are cheap :)

#36     Jan 27, 2012
  7. daveyc

daveyc

buy back ratios. you can get the vega as flat as possible or + and get the gamma + from the start and yes, prices move so move with them.

#37     Jan 27, 2012
  8. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

vega with time adjustment or absolute vega?

#38     Jan 27, 2012
  9. daveyc

daveyc

hey newwruldman, you're getting to fancy for me. please! send me a pm with your email and i'll send you a picture from tos. don't worry i have nothing to sell.

#39     Jan 27, 2012
  10. I think you'll have some sick image in your heads of an Iron Condor with a black Scholes that looks like a short strangle.

It's not a no brainier trade. It's fine if you have the experience and manage it responsibly.

#40     Jan 28, 2012