Iron Condor using TOS - Profits and Losses

Discussion in 'Options' started by moolah, Nov 20, 2017.

1. moolah

moolah

If i were to enter a iron condor trade using TOS, i understand that once my order is filled, I will receive credit $$ in my account. Does that mean that the % amount and $ amount i see under Profits and Losses (under the Monitor tab) is irrelevant?

2. I suspect the TOS P/L Day and P/L YTD is valid and perhaps useful. I am GUESSING you are referencing the "Account Statement" -- it is preferred that you do not over-generalize your questions, so responses can match your inquiry. I do not use the TOS % P/L, as my interest is % of my risk, which TOS does not (cannot) properly account for, as my trades are managed trades.

3. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

The only thing that matters is Net Liq.
    Second choice would be Net Liq vis Maintenance Margin.

$$/day (the day's PnL) should be an absolute, but you still get into some eye-opening shitty circumstances by seeking to maximize $$/day, to the destruction of Net Liq. and/or exploding Maintenance Margin.

The rest of it? Fahgettiboudit.

4. Overnight

Overnight

*Shakes head*

You are off a bit there, it's fuhgeddaboudit.

Yes, these signs once circled the city (Maybe they still do? Have not been there in over ten years). I have seem them first-hand, driving along the Belt parkway. They are/were real, not photoshop! Fun stuff.

[​IMG]

5. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

That's hilarious.
    I grew up in the middle of a thirty-mile wide hemisphere of No Discernible Accent on the Connecticut shore. West of Bridgeport, and the Brooklyn/Queens/Lon-Guy-land accent would blossom. East of New Haven, the Rhode Island twist on the Boston honk would sound. But where I grew up, "strangers" from just 15 miles across Long Island Sound would sound like foreigners. My NY cousins were from a different land....... And whenever Mom and Dad got mad? They reverted -- instantly --.....

In Indiana ("the South's middle finger up the North..."), you can tell from which end of the state someone hales: southern accent? South of I70. No accent/Chicago whisper/Michigan Eh?: North of I70. Too funny.

Me? I am mostly camoflagued, I guess. 30 years here. But I can write Hoosier. You jus' use lots of apostrophes. Yep.

(Jus' sayin'...)