Iron Condor - Credit received vs. Profit in Analyse chart

Discussion in 'Options' started by moolah, Nov 13, 2017.

1. moolah

moolah

I just entered a iron condor trade and received 0.07/share. I bought 100 shares. However, when i go to the iron condor chart of the trade i just put it, it say my potential profit if all 4 legs expire is $14.

Why is the credit i received and the potential profit different?

2. Can you specify what you "really did"? Sounds like you may have sold an IC for a credit to open, ... but then you state "I bought 100 shares." We are limited to reading what you wrote, as opposed to what you should have stated! (If you use TOS, I may be able to assist)

3. moolah

moolah

Sorry for the confusion.

I bought 1 lot of options at credit of 7 cents each so after my order was filled i received $7(7 cents x 100 = $7) in my account. Yes, i am using TOS and yes, i sold an IC for a credit to open and I have not closed the position yet. When i go to the analyse tab in TOS, the horizontal profit line states i will make $14 if the all 4 legs expire worthless

Hope that makes it more clear! Thanks, all!

4. Can you provide your actual trade? -- That way, I can compare notes: Go to Monitor->Account Statement->
    (insure you are selecting the appropriate account)
    Insure "Statement for account .... has enough days to show your order
    Look for your trade in the "Order History" section,
    Right-Click and copy the Trade of interest, and paste it here!
    ie: It may look like this:
    SELL -1 CONDOR SPX 100 (Quarterlys) 29 DEC 17 2515/2500/2395/2380 PUT @1.70 LMT [TO CLOSE/TO OPEN/TO OPEN/TO CLOSE]

-------------
    BTW: your statement seems you "Bought at a credit"! Typically, IC's are Sold for a credit, so you may have NOT placed the trade you intended!

5. Pardon, had typos in my last reply, and had to revise!

6. moolah

moolah

Sorry i meant to say i sold 1 lot of options. Will get back soon on the Trade of interest.

7. moolah

moolah

Sell -1 Iron condor EEM 100 15 Dec 17 (32) 50/52/42/40 C/P

sell @.07 LMT GTC

8. Here is what I see. I do not understand where you find $14. Perhaps you are modeling 2 contracts? (arrow should be at the 7.00 value, not at the lower expiry line.)
    upload_2017-11-13_18-52-48.png

9. moolah

moolah

That's weird. My horizontal blue line tells me its $14. I must have did something wrong somewhere.

10. You may have that IC duplicated in your simulated trades -- see if you can unclick one, if so.

#10     Nov 13, 2017