iron cockroach

Discussion in 'Options' started by daddy'sboy, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Sure it's possible. Trade a bear-delta call BWB with a proximal short strike to complete the short backspread, and distal wing to complete the BWB: long the 100 call, short two 105 calls, long one 150 call at a net-credit. Obviously there is little protection afforded. It's essentially a short backspread with 6-sigma stop.

How to earn on the spread as spot is blowing through strikes? It remains otm throughout the duration of the move. Of course the spread is suicidal if you're wrong, at best you're earning the credit recieved if you're correct on direction.

#51     Jul 28, 2007

2. atticuuuuuuussssssss! My first post regards the IC was BEFORE Eliot posted his cut & paste. I didn't refute his post of the box, b/c db's question had been asked & answered & I thought the nonsense was obvious. I am not going to waste time refuting something posted as 'fact' when the person (quite quickly by their own admission) didn't do a thorough check of the source & the context of what they were quoting.

#52     Jul 28, 2007
  3. To Scott's credit (I think) he did get Optionetics to open up Oasis to people on his forum who hadn't taken the $3500 course. I think they only had to pay the $700 or so for Oasis.

ETA: I came up with a name for the position I C&Ped. The Iron Seagull - it leaves shit everywhere.

#53     Jul 28, 2007
  4. I [initially] assumed you didn't know the difference between a box and a condor. I am suspect of anyone spending time at Optionetics.

FWIW, I learned to read pretty early on. Thanks for your support, now please piss off.

#54     Jul 28, 2007
  5. Yes well assumption and bigotry aren't always the best paradigms from which to operate. Everybody treads their own path to becoming successful in any pursuit, my personal agreement with their past is totally irrelevant to my initial assessment of them. You see my assessment, based upon limited access to what that person may have actually been through/told/heard etc as I was not by their side, could be completely ummmm wrong or ill-informed. I tend to value people contributions more on their relevance than on my personal opinions of where they have spent time. I make less of an ass of myself that way. To settle it once and for all I learned very early on from someone at Optionetics what a friggen box is & it's difference to an IC wasn't necessary to point out. Now you piss off, t.i.m

#55     Jul 28, 2007
  6. Midol will help with those cramps.

#56     Jul 28, 2007
  7. Hehehe - nice attempted deflection from your own inability to follow a simple chain of ideas.

You should just try being a real man and admitting your mistakes, I promise people will think more of you, than when you stoop to blatant non sequitur in an attempt to cover them up.

Gee, I wonder how much lower you'd go if you found out I was a also a coloured minority!? :eek:

#57     Jul 28, 2007
  8. Mistakes? I assumed you were out of your depth, and if wrong I apologize. My assumption is just that, an assumption.

Colored or coloured? I am biased against the Brits [GEICO cavemen too], so you got me there, but it's news to me that I'm a racist. You're projecting. Interesting pathology; if you'd like a formal diagnosis I can do a phone consult. Strange... I've never seen anyone of African-decent [or any race] refer to themselves as colored.

Perhaps something stronger is in order. Diazepam cocktail to wash-down that Midol?

#58     Jul 28, 2007
  9. ROFLMAO. Sorry I definitely require my therapist to have not only reading/listening comprehension skills above an elementary school level, but the ability to operate aside from the own, 'ahem', biases. Guess that counts you out, what with the swag of assumptions & prejudice that you bring to the table. Sorry Counselor.

#59     Jul 28, 2007
  10. spindr0

spindr0

I don't know what it is but I recall that while surfing/reading, there was a brokerage or money management firm that was touting their seminar on it. If so inclined, you can do a web search for it.

#60     Jul 29, 2007