iron cockroach

Discussion in 'Options' started by daddy'sboy, Jul 21, 2007.

1. How can I get rid of 1000 long/short in my Fido account?

I wrote a covered put on AMZN, which I allowed to be assigned, thinking the shares would net out. When I realized they were carrying the position I called the trade desk. They said I had to send them a letter. I went to a local office and they couldn't help (but it's a fancy office). I sent email, but didn't even get a reply. So much for "Private Access".

#21     Jul 25, 2007
  2. Div_Arb

Div_Arb

Seems like this strategy has a very good yield to broker. Slippage on a butterfly is bad enough, I bet after slippage and commissions it is difficult to break even with all these legs. Don;t people use boxes for price discovery, instead of a cash flow strategy?

#22     Jul 25, 2007
  3. Never mind. It's a joke post. I should have read the later pages.

#23     Jul 25, 2007
  4. :D Eliot!? That was kind of obvious from just looking at what you quoted. There is a lot of p!$$ taking goes on over there that seems to be taken seriously over here. . .hmmm

I will assert again that this is not an "Optionetics" invention - as if anything in options is. . .! - doesn't matter how many phone calls they are making.

For the 'technically' inclined it is just a way of trading around support and resistance numbers where vol is high (& it doesn't have 8 legs, rather a head and a body)

#24     Jul 26, 2007
  5. In-a-gotta-da-vita baby.

#25     Jul 26, 2007
  6. elegantly put! :cool:

#26     Jul 26, 2007
  7. Thanks everyone for your contributions but I still don't have the answer to what makes up the component legs of the iron cockroach.
    db
    P.S. nice to see you back Marnie.

#27     Jul 26, 2007
  8. Thanks!

OK now c'mon db - inagottadavita (. . .Iron Butterfly) was a very clever hint! Have you been at the sleepy drugs again? :p

it's just a variation with one of the spreads a strike wider than the other. You want a 'credit' that is more than half of the strike width between the shorts. The knack is getting a good enough credit to make it work.

#28     Jul 26, 2007
  9. I used to love clients who used to trade the condors and butterflys used to make bonus time that much better

#29     Jul 26, 2007
  10. This cockroach doesn't resemble a fly.

#30     Jul 26, 2007