irobot Roomba

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by uptik2000, Nov 10, 2007.

1. I saw one for sale at the goodwill store.:D

2. We have a simplicity central vac, a roomba, and a Simplicity upright and canister. The roomba is very cool, but very weak on suction. I've noticed dust build-up very quickly on surfaces cleaned by the roomba.

We had a Dyson as well, very powerful but very poor build quality. The motors fail from dust-infiltration.

I would recommend getting a Simplicity bag-vacuum. Super powerful and built like a tank [SS base]. Their canisters are nice, but built by Panasonic. The uprights are made in-house.

http://www.simplicityvac.com/

3. atticus,
    Thanks for the info and the link.
    Those Simplicity units look good ...I'll check 'em out.

My idea was that if I had a roomba to automatically go through the great room and the main hall (where the dog hair seems to go) every day it would it would be a big help.

I guess the ultimate solution would be to get rid of the dog, but I just can't do it.

[​IMG]

4. Tik, try a Swiffer sweeper. It will take a whole 90 secs to clean a large room with hardwood floors.

5. Hey mac,
    Long time no see!
    Yeah, Banjo recommended the swiffer sweeper too. My wife uses the swiffer a lot. I was thinking about the roomba more as a daily thing.