Iris Pairs Trading Platform

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by IrisPairsGuy, Feb 25, 2013.

1. There are hours and hours of in depth videos available on our videos tab. For example, our 1 hr video from our free workshop yesterday is already posted which was dedicated to pairs picking. These workshops are weekly, chatroom is daily, phone support is daily. That's about as continuous as can be.

#21     Feb 27, 2013
  2. ofthomas

ofthomas

below are all the videos and their durations... total of 6-7 hours, more or less... that is not hours and hours and certainly a lot of them are not indepth...

can you guys publish more videos that focus in specific on the software itself, how each setting will affect things, and cover each feature in detail, not just quick overviews...

the biggest issue with anyone who uses a platform and trades to sell it, is that they dont realize that they are the experts and there are things that while to them are second nature, to those that they are trying to sell it they are completely new.

Iris Platform Introduction 00:07:49
    Pair Trading Concepts 00:14:05
    How to Pick Pairs 00:12:37
    Iris Charting Capabilities 00:08:02
    Setting Chart Alerts 00:02:23
    Trade Settings Review 00:10:37
    Omitting for Earnings 00:01:46

General Strategy & Functionality 01:14:24
    Customizing Trade Settings on a Pair by Pair basis 00:54:49
    Chart Pattern Workshop 00:42:12
    Chart Review with Q & A 00:47:47
    Picking Pairs with PairMatcher & Chart review 01:05:29

http://www.youtube.com/user/ryanblackbox/videos

#22     Feb 27, 2013
  3. A repeated question people have been asking me is:

Do we offer international (non US) trader access?

Yes, we are available via Interactive Brokers and have other international solutions. We only provide trading access to the US Equity markets. In the future will will provide access to non-US equity markets.

#23     Feb 27, 2013
  4. I would be convinced if you provided an actual live account with real profit and loss statements that included all trading and software related costs.

I realize that you are now a sponsor but I still believe that it is extremely difficult to day trade pairs and turn a profit in a very low volatility environment. If market volatility increases dramatically then I think it can be a viable strategy ... along with many other strategies.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=3699459#post3699459

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=134253&perpage=6&pagenumber=473

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=3695829#post3695829

Regards,

Slave2Market

#24     Feb 27, 2013
  5. Slave, I believe you would be convinced if you learned and traded on Iris. You can verify all my trades as I call them out realtime. For many, many reasons I would never provide financial statements (maybe you were joking about that).

I think my bio is enough for my track record (in addition to the number of winners called out on entry and exit every day). If it's not viable you would not see so many long/short funds, nor would I have lasted 12 years. Not to mention, my performance does not determine how you would perform.

In regard to pairguy123 user...I provided a few trades/commentary to one of the guys as he wanted to share on here; said this site was a great trading forum. Obviously I took that to another level recently by signing up the company commercially (there are other 'irisxxxx' usernames)...and also added a twitter account (@PairsGuy) so guys can follow my trades even further outside the chat.

Just an observation...but there are so many doubters on this site. It's very unfortunate that trading has put such a bad taste in people. We hope to help change that.

#25     Feb 27, 2013
  6. boffster

boffster

Doubters! ha ha - toughen up man :) That's the point of this place, it's a ruthless bullshit detector.

Can Iris run strategies over longer time frames? (days to a couple of weeks)

#26     Feb 27, 2013

7. when hell freezes over.......:D

#27     Feb 27, 2013
  8. Seriously whats the big deal?? Patrick signed up as a sponsor and started a thread about his software.

I understand there are a lot of skeptics out there because there are a lot of scumbags in the industry but I see no hard sell here. If you are interested check it out. If you like it great, if you don't move on.

I tested the software and i am very impressed. It certainly is not the "holy grail" but it is not advertised as that. It is a tool to provide an edge, but you still have to work hard to make it succeed. Like any successful strategy you still have to have rules and manage risk.

#28     Feb 27, 2013

9. Absolutely. We have daytraders, swing traders, long term position traders...even people trading their IRAs (very infrequently). There are parameters I've discussed in the workshops (many videos of them free on our site) that talk about hold times. It's quite simple--the longer you intend to hold, the more data points you use for the lookback period--making your standard deviation values more viable.

#29     Feb 27, 2013

10. Ok by popular demand (joke) here is a trade example from today, Feb 27 in pair PVTB CMA. You can see all of my stats for this 1 level trade that presented a daytrade opportunity off resistance set previously on Feb 21st (see Chart 2). Now observe Trade Details window. Entered First trade automatically from my custom settings (that's what that graph icon represents) at 13:20 and I manually exited (represented by the 'red minus circle' icon) vs an auto exit which has a different icon at 14:03. Then it auto re-entered (again same icon specifying an auto execution) at 14:22..which I'm still open and holding for a swing into tmrw.

Now..unless I'm a master and creating fictitious trading stats, graphs, stock prices, standard deviations, etc, etc, then I find it extremely hard to disbelieve this trade (feel free to verify all entry/exit prices using the included timestamps).

I understand that a lot of guys are having a hard time making money in the market. I understand that many traders haven't been able to succeed daytrading any longer--I'm personally more of a swing trader. However, that is why we are here showing you Iris. Chronos is providing a tool along with education via our chat, workshops, support that hopefully can change your struggling trading.

Take some time to learn or like someone else posted...just move on.

#30     Feb 27, 2013