Iraqi Official Says Government Wants Timetable for Withdrawal

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Come on now, we all know that alqueda was not in Iraq when Saddam was there and that they may be there now after the invasion. Alquaeda and the war in Iraq have nothing to do with each other. Is there terror in the world? Of course, and we've dealt with forever. Thinking that 9/11 was the first terror attack on US soil is just plain wrong. We were not invaded or attacked by an army, just a bunch miserable low-life thugs with a warped religous agenda. Hell, Jim Jones killed all his followers because of a religious agenda, nothing new there.

Our response to the horrible attacks on 9/11 was misguided at best. And, yes, both politcal parties were sucked into supporting the Iraq invasion, nothing new there either.

We let alquaeda win by completely changing our way of life in regards to travel and government / public interaction. Remember the duct tape and white powder scare. Keeping the public scared is not a very good way to try to keep a politcal office. That seems more like the old Stalin days instead of the America I grew up in.

Whether a fan of Rush or DailyKos, everyone should get a grip, try to think for themselves, in my opinion.

c

#11     Jul 10, 2008
  2. Sam321

Sam321

Hardly a nightmare. And there is no civil war in Iraq. And WWII was a nightmare, not Iraq. And we are not the ones saber rattling and finger pointing to Iran. They are doing it to us.

Half of the Iraqis want us to stay and help them help themselves. The other half want us to leave so they can build their Shiite Islamofacist empire with Iran. I say screw the latter half and support the former half to OUR benifit. That's what imperialism is all about. Spending billions in Iraq and then just leave so Iran can take Iraq is just plain stupid. Spending billions to control Iraq's oil and at the same time improve Iraq's economy and keep it free from Islamofacism is a different story.

I see absolutely zero logic in leaving a country vulnerable to be annexed by Iran --all because we "shouldn't have done it in the first place." Zero logic, especially when the military is getting better at it. And the fact that Iraq has the 3rd largest oil reserves, have us leave on a stupid time table, and then go to Iran to "talk" convinces me that America's greatest generation is too old to give a damn anymore, leaving the megaphone to the Obama Generation. God help us.

Yes, let's send President Obama to Iran, and all our troubles will go away --poof!-- and the price of gas will return to $2.

#12     Jul 11, 2008
  3. We? They? There is neither we nor they. This is one level, but you need to go deeper to understand your hatred.

#13     Jul 11, 2008
  4. Oh man, see this is the kind of stuff that bothers me. Following talk show hosts and administration hype instead of simply thinking about it. We shouldn't follow what we're spoon fed by either side. No civil war, come on, it's been going on for centuries except for short pauses like when Saddam was dictator.And, what finger pointing is Iran doing? Saying that we invaded their neighboring nation? Of course we did.

Spending a trillion dollars, not getting any oil, not getting any help, losing respect globally, and unable to contain the damn place in 5 years. I call that a nightmare big time. WWII a nightmare?, Sure, but we responded with attacks on the actual military(s) that attacked us and our allies instead of, for example, invading Bolivia after Japan attacked. I call what we did then a good military response, the kind that I'm proud of, and was obviously the right thing to do. Should we have gotten involved in Europe earlier, probably in hind sight.

Talking with Iran? That would be horrible. Diplomatic relations instead of warfare, how irresponsible! Come on, we can always bomb the crap out of some other country, but wouldn't it be nice to save the people of both Iraq and Iran the misery and decimation if possible. Walk softly and carry a big stick seems to come to mind.

There has to be some common sense involved if we, as a Country, are ever going to return to the U.S. I grew up in. The gigantic chasm between the media designed and manufactured ideologies that cause all this hatred among our own people has to be bridged somehow. I'm not counting on it, just trying to do my part by not being extreme on either side, that never seems to solve anything.

c

#14     Jul 11, 2008