Iraqi leaders appeal for US ground troops to fight ISIS.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grandluxe, Oct 14, 2014.

1. We never gave our word that we would come back and redo the whole nationbuilding failure. We spent billions of dollars we didn't have to rebuild their sorry country, even though they have enormous oil revenues, none of which we ever took. We rebuilt their military and their leaders were so rotten, the troops abandoned their shiny new US weapons to ISIS.

They wanted us out. They were the ones who tried to hold us up on a status of forces agreement. We should have partitioned the country in the first place. Now ISIS is doing the job for us.

This whole exercise is very useful in a sick way. ISIS is demonstrating to the world the idea of islam as a religion of peace is total nonsense. Turkey is demonstrating you can never trust an islamist country. Saudi Arabia and Qatar are demonstrating they can't be trusted either. They are all demonstrating getting involved there was a big mistake.

#11     Oct 14, 2014
  2. jem

jem

i tend to agree with the sentiment as I see our leaders don't execute wars the way they have to be executed... but until we seal our border and harden our power grid... we are existentially threatened.

#12     Oct 14, 2014
  3. achilles28

achilles28

Terrorism is not an existential threat. IOW, a threat to our national existence. That's a gross exaggeration. The Soviet Union was an existential threat. Not Al Queda/ISIS.

Yes, terrorism does pose *a* threat. And yes, the borders need to be closed.

#13     Oct 14, 2014
  4. loyek590

loyek590

you are preaching to the choir. IMO, anytime a moslem dies the world becomes a more peaceful place. Let them kill each other off. It's just less work we will have to someday do. I think it was Cheny who came up with the bright idea and sold it to Bush that we should make them profitable friends for the USA and Halliburton. The only good moslem is an oil pumping moslem. And if crude ever drops below $80, there will be very little use in the world for problem causing moslems.

#14     Oct 14, 2014
  5. achilles28

achilles28

Nail on the head. It's a racket.

The ME has nothing, except oil. Oppressive religions like Islam and the theocracies they produce destroy wealth. Create free energy and turn it loose, and all these Muslim kingdoms that finance terror with our oil money, shrivel up and DIE. That's the whole fucking key to this. Get rid of oil-based economies, and the trillions in oil revenues these Islamic shitholes depend on for their very survival go up in smoke. Boom. Done. Game over. No more ISIS. No more Al Queda. No more well-financed wahabist bullshit. All the ragheads go back to the desert riding camels and living in tents. Economic warfare 2.0

#15     Oct 14, 2014
  6. These are dark times for Americans and historians will document as the time when America was exposed for what it really is. Bunch of self centered, self righteous ideologues who did not have the courage of their convictions. A people who acted as if they were the worlds last best chance for freedom, and that somehow entitled them to take whatever they wanted, decide who lives and who dies, all the while doing nothing but enriching themselves and saving their own asses in the end. Their high minded words of liberty and justice for all rang hollow at the end while the world burned around them. Their word meant nothing! There are those that will say that we deserve what's coming our way. They are not wrong!

#16     Oct 14, 2014
    achilles28 likes this.
  7. achilles28

achilles28

Good post Captain O. I would add:

America is run by Corporations. Wars for profit are dressed up in the name of freedom and liberation theology so oil resources can be extracted, defense contractors can make Trillions and the petro-dollar can be defended. The average American is a gullible schmuck. The mainstream media, the gatekeepers and opinion makers in this country, are owned by their advertisers, who happen to be Fortune 100 Corporations. That's why we never hear a bad word about war, banking, pharmaceutical drugs, gmo's, oil-based energy, offshoring etc. We are just perpetual debt slaves earning our servitude in a Corporate system. Until Americans unplug from this bullshit reality we're taught and forced to believe, there is no hope.

#17     Oct 14, 2014
  8. Ricter

Ricter

Good post. This is why I view the media as right wing. True power relations, and privilege, are never challenged.

#18     Oct 14, 2014
  9. LEAPup

LEAPup

Well, I did earn an opinion on this subject, and earned it hard.. Anyhow, I would actually go back right now. I've been bitching and raising hell about this, with attitude, "fuck this gubment, I'm not going back," but no, I would go back.. If I can kill all I can there, that's less coming here later, and I do want to see America "come back" for my Son's Sons. And the guys who do wind up back there (is inevitable. I even laugh at just how inevitable), will face a beast, no question. A Fallujah for them? Yeah, many "Fallujah's" they'll face this time. Many...

#19     Oct 14, 2014
    CaptainObvious likes this.
  10. LEAPup

LEAPup

^ Oh, and mark my words here. The longer we wait to wind up back over in that shit box, the more mass they'll have. And when it all starts back up, the fighting this time, will at least attempt to rival WWII battles, and I'm into WWII history!:eek: Yeah, will be very bad. And will have three Sons all enlistment age next year...:(

#20     Oct 14, 2014