Iraqi journalist hurls shoes at wrong person

Discussion in 'Politics' started by arealpissedgoy, Dec 14, 2008.

1. The journalist should have hurled the shoe at the average Bush voter.

The inbreeds voted for bush TWICE. WTF were they thinking?

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24800666-12377,00.html

AN Iraqi journalist hurled his shoes and an insult at George W. Bush, without hitting him, as the US president was shaking hands with the Iraqi prime minister at his Baghdad office today.

As the two leaders met in Nuri al-Maliki's private office, a journalist sitting in the third row jumped up, shouting: "It is the farewell kiss, you dog", and threw his shoes one after the other towards Mr Bush.

Mr Maliki made a protective gesture towards the US president, who ducked and was not hit.

The journalist, Muntazer al-Zaidi from Al-Baghdadia channel which broadcasts from Cairo, was frogmarched from the room by security staff, an AFP journalist said.

Soles of shoes are considered the ultimate insult in Arab culture. After Saddam Hussein's statue was toppled in Baghdad in April 2003, many onlookers beat the statue's face with their soles.

Some Iraqi journalists stood up to apologise.

The White House said Mr Bush ducked to avoid the first shoe, while the second narrowly missed the president.

Mr Bush said: "Thanks for apologising on behalf of the Iraqi people. It doesn't bother me. If you want the facts, it was a size 10 shoe that he threw."

Playing down the incident, the president later said: "I don't know what the guy's cause is... I didn't feel the least bit threatened by it."

Oh I forgot, these retards don't think.

Thinking is "elitist". Better to vote in a functional retard that speaks in mangled monosyllables.

2. You must of strained your brain coming up with this thread. Have a headache now?