Iraqi Freedom

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dotslashfuture, Apr 4, 2003.

1. Small dog syndrome.

Even notice that Wild and his boy Fonzy bark like little Schnauzers at the big dog who pees in their yard without fear?

#21     Apr 4, 2003

2. Yep! I'm a US citizen "born on the fourth of July"! But I am disgusted that this is what America turned into after all who fought and died for this country and it's principles. Some loser punk, who never served in a single War "grows up" and becomes president, and proceeds to act like a common garden-variety dictator in his efforts to remove another.

The brainwashing of the public is evident on this ET board and elsewhere. Damn, and I thought this country learned something from Nam. As far as I'm concerned if an Iraqi attacks the US.. I'm gonna applaud them for doing what we would do.... defend ourselves if attacked... and reply in kind!

Those who are appalled at my statement are a bunch of HYPOCRITES! For I am just stating a basic principle... an eye for an eye. AND there is NO doubt who is attacking Iraq!

But there IS doubt IF Iraq had anything to do with attacking us on 9/11!

Ice:cool:

#22     Apr 4, 2003
  3. Hey Patriot!

At what point did you deem America to be guilty until proven innocent?

#23     Apr 4, 2003
  4. msfe

msfe

THE FACES OF FREEDOM

SECRETARY FLEISCHER: Good afternoon. The President began his day today with an intelligence briefing on recent TV news coverage of the non-quagmire in Iraq, followed by a temper tantrum and a panty-wadding snit. The President is dismayed by the non-FOX media's traitorous determination to practice fact-obsessed journalism at a time of political crisis, and is especially enraged by the Iraqi populace's spiteful refusal to play along with the line he sold to the American public: that those filthy ragheads couldn't wait for us to kill their families and incinerate their homes.

Well, I stand before you today to remind you that regardless of what it sounds like those Iraqi children are shrieking as they fire machine guns at the soldiers of our vast coalition, they're really just scoffing at the liberal fiction of rampant anti-Americanism and fierce resistance among Iraqazoid civilians. Indeed, just as black is white, this hateful myth is false. Yes, everywhere non-liberals look, throngs of beaming Iraqo-Ricans can be seen blissfully reveling in their newfound freedom, smiling beatifically as they happily extract jagged shards of JDAM shrapnel from deep within each others' faces – not unlike amorous gorillas plucking the blood-engorged fleas off the backs of their godless animal brethren. And lest anyone doubt this truth, I ask them to remember that the camera never lies, and behold the proof of our success to date:

ctd http://www.whitehouse.org/iraq/faces.asp

#24     Apr 4, 2003

5. The point at which it violated all accepted UN principles by launching this attack.

#25     Apr 4, 2003
  6. ElCubano

ElCubano

Thank you for explaining why......

#26     Apr 4, 2003
  7. iceman, alsfonso, VERY WELL said!

Its a sad state of affairs and hypocrisy. :mad: :mad:

We are society of fat -2/3 of population per latest research news- ignorant arrogant self righteous hypocrites. The same who believe that 9/11 was wholly or partially done by Iraqis. Congress spends more time deciding on "freedom fries" than killing innocent.

Eventually we will not mind civilian deaths
    as long as we get cheaper oil
    and save our economy
    and prevent the demise of our dollar
    our mindset becomes transformed when we pay $2/gallon gasoline
    which is more important?
    a guy in Los Angeles needing to save for summer vacation
    OR
    a guy in Baghdad not getting killed by our smart bombs
    that is a nobrainer
    we will tolerate mind-numbing high collateral damage in order to sustain our way of life

our leaders (govt and military) talk about taking what we need
    we talk of our might as justifying the right
    we need it, we want it, we are strong, so we take it

our morals are gone:mad: :mad: hollow armor all that's left behind:(

Mass media brainwashing is an art that has reached unparalleled highs.

Since when is this war on Iraq????:confused: This is INVASION. They didn't attack us we are attacking them and placing troops on their land.

I respect OPTIONAL's position. We are the most powerful -for now- who can stop us? and so the ends justify the means. It has been the case from ancient times.

BUT PLEASE!!!!! DO NOT try to sugar coat bullshit as a nice smelling rose.!!!!! It f%$ing isn't. :mad: :mad: :mad:

#27     Apr 4, 2003
  8. My point is this in a nutshell.

All leadership in the world is crooked. However, which is the country you would choose to live in if all things were equal?

We are never told the full truth, never will be. It requires some degree of trust and faith, and at the same time a strong media presence, who has the job of keeping the citizens informed.

If the anti-Americans and America haters would take journalist jobs in this country, and provide fact, that would be a decent way in which to channel all of their intense emotions and feelings of fear and powerlessness.

The left when I was growing up wanted peace and love, but did not suffer from the degree of anger and hatred of the current brand of fascist leftists I see posting on this board.

They are so full of hate that they defend mass murderers. We didn't do that in the 60's. We condemned war, and the brutality of both sides, not just focused hatred on the US government.

#28     Apr 4, 2003
  9. msfe

msfe

- American troops occupied roughly 20% of Germany -

http://www.workmall.com/wfb2001/germany/germany_history_the_establishment_of_occupation_zones.html

- Germany was not a beneficiary of phase I of the Marshall Plan -

Almost all European nations outside the Soviet bloc were members of the plan from the beginning. The two exceptions were Spain, which as a dictatorship under Franco was not invited to participate, and West Germany, which was under Allied occupation and did not become a full member until 1949.

- Germany received $ 1.4 billion [incl. a $ 217 million loan] in phase II of the Marshall Plan, meant to buy American goods -

Because Americans feared that after World War II the financial troubles and unemployment of the 1930s could recur, increasing prosperity in the U.S. was one goal of the Marshall Plan. As a way of boosting exports, the plan had wide appeal to American business people, bankers, workers, and farmers. During the years of the Marshall Plan, when much of the money European participants received was spent on U.S.-produced food and manufactured goods, the American economy flourished.

- German post war reconstruction was not funded by America but effected by the Germans themselves -

Hamburg's Moenckebergstrasse in the business district at the end of the war (top) and in 1950 (bottom). The Marshall Plan did not cause European reconstruction, but it gave people hope for a better future and acted as a crucial lubricant in the engine of recovery.

http://www.marshallfoundation.org/about_gcm/marshall_plan.htm#expenditures

- German De-Nazification was abandoned in March 1948 due to America´s need for German support of the Cold War -

The Nuremberg Trials and Denazification

http://www.germanculture.com.ua/library/history/bl_nuremberg_trials_denazi.htm

#29     Apr 4, 2003

10. YOU brother Trader556..... have made my weekend! (some of which is going to be spent at a protest at the Federal Plaza in Chicago). Finally someone besides the few other enlightened posters here, who GETS IT! Bravo.

I cannot believe we're hearing the same stuff as during the Nam era! Only at least then the younger generation had a conscience and did more than watch Blind Date, Survivor or The Bachelor on TV.

We STOOD FOR SOMETHING!

Optional777... with all due respect to a fellow countryman.. what do you (and the other macho men on chit chat applauding this aggression) stand for? What PRINCIPLE do you support!

You HAVE HEARD of principle haven't you? It's the very thing that the USA was built on.... that made it great... and which the US is NOW working on forfeiting, in the name of MONEY and POWER!

It's not too late though... you can still speak out. And by so doing at least it will be known to the World that this great Country has not sold it's soul for pieces of gold; that there ARE fellow Americans who see right from wrong... and yet still love their country and would lay down their life for it's survival at the right time and place, if ever necessary.

Maybe love it even more... than the war mongers amongst us!.

Ice:cool:

#30     Apr 4, 2003