Iraq war poll: 61% of Americans want to continue fight

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hapaboy, Nov 16, 2006.

1. td2, just to let you know, ZZZ is basically hated by both the right and left on these boards. He is a liar, a hypocrite, and his arguments are based on a combination of pure assertion, intellectual dishonesty and ad hominem attack.

For an insight into this disgusting slime, read this post by Rearden Metal in which he describes 'Trolling 101', a description of Z's tactics here

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=988742&highlight=troll+zoologists#post988742

#81     Nov 18, 2006
  2. How many countries around the world have despots who are killing their own people?

What makes Iraq so special?

We have put the people in Iraq in a position to succeed, something that other countries don't even have the chance of.

It would make much more sense, if our real goal is to liberate all people under bondage of an oppressive leader, to move our energy elsewhere.

Iraq has their chance now, let's get out of the way and let see how much they really want it.

#82     Nov 18, 2006
  3. Still on your moonbat horse, I see...

Oh, and what if that one person to be saved in NYC was 95 years old...still worth it to sacrifice infants and kids? Are you starting to understand the futility of the nature of your questions?

Probably not.....moonbats never do...

#83     Nov 18, 2006
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

Man, you really have to attend my class of How the world works!

Nope. If a country behaves according to our interest, there is no need to apply force. An example would be Iraq pre-Kuwait invasion.
    For the same reason there is no need to invade Saudi Arabia, just yet. But once a country start to get out of line, we apply economy or military forces...Life is simple...
    Next time you go to the library, check out Machiavelli... Good old Nicolo...

#84     Nov 18, 2006
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

In a strange, masochistic way I enjoy educating you. You are a bit slow learner though...

Hey, I told you not to bitch about my number until you give me your stop loss number. :)

But because it is getting boring, let's turn on the learning channel:

The real difference between Iraq and North Korea was beside the lack of giant natural resources (aka oil) the existence of a rather large army, that could have hurt not just a few thousands US soldiers but lots of South Koreans. On the other hand Iraq's military was weak. A little bombing campaign and the win was guaranteed. Now we got the history part out of the way, let's look into the future.

There will be no withdrawal from Iraq for a few decades, unless cold fusion becomes a reality. The most likely solution is turning history back by a few decades, aka cutting up Iraq (by the way an artifical entity, made up by the British) into 3 parts. At least 2 parts will be happy but 1 will not, so the problems aren't gonna go away, but may decrease a bit....

Still get ready to bleed about 1000 US soldiers and 30-40K Iraqis a year...

P.S.: How come I am the moonbat, although I agree with Bush and the neocons on not to sacrify anybody for others' freedom? Hey, even BeltwayXXX agreed with me on that one, so I must be on the Republican side... :)

#85     Nov 18, 2006
  6. So, should Al Qaeda continue without interference? I don't think anyone of us would be allowed to carry out terrorist activities in 30+ countries.

#86     Nov 19, 2006