Iraq pullout a "signature failure" for Obama: Romney

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Dec 26, 2011.

1. http://news.yahoo.com/iraq-pullout-signature-failure-obama-romney-203147930.html

Iraq pullout a "signature failure" for Obama: Romney

LITTLETON, New Hampshire (Reuters) - Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney on Thursday attacked U.S. President Barack Obama for a "signature failure" to keep some troops in Iraq to prevent the country falling back into sectarian conflict.

Just days after U.S. troops left Iraq, a wave of bombings killed at least 72 people in Baghdad on Thursday. The Shi'ite-led government is engulfed in a crisis that risks fracturing Iraq along sectarian and ethnic fault lines.

A consistent front-runner in polls of Republicans, Romney said he feared leaving Iraq without a stabilization force could put the hard-earned successes and victories there at risk.

"I hope that risk is not realized. I hope that we're able to see stability there but the president's failure to secure an agreement and maintain 10,000 to 30,000 troops in Iraq has to be one of his signature failures," he told Reuters.

2. 4 trillion US tax payer dollars, over 4 thousand American lives loss,over 30,000 Americans wounded ,over 100,000 Iraqi civilians lives lost and Mr Romney thinks we should stay longer

3. http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/romney_sons_join_campaign_not_army/

Romney Sons Join Campaign, Not Army

Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney on Wednesday defended his five sons’ decision not to enlist in the military, saying they’re showing their support for the country by “helping me get elected.”

Romney, who did not serve in Vietnam due to his Mormon missionary work and a high draft lottery number, was asked the question by an anti-war activist after a speech in which he called for “a surge of support” for U.S. forces in Iraq.

4. America is a failure for electing Obama.

5. It would have been a bigger failure if it had elected McCain/Palin or if it elects chicken shit/chicken hawk Romney

6. We will never know will we because there are too many fools and racists (a lot of which can't even talk English) that are allowed to vote.