Iraq is whispering something

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Vinny Gigante, Jan 16, 2003.

1. Tea

Tea

How about Nepal.

Free Nepal!

#51     Jan 18, 2003
  2. Tea

Tea

From Rearden Metal - Formerly "Molon Labe".
    Nobody seemed to understand the meaning & symbolism of my former handle. I think I'll have slightly better chances with this one.

I understand - "come and get it!" From my dead cold hands, baby!

Probably better used in a firearms forum.

Any NRA members/traders out there besides myself?

#52     Jan 18, 2003
  3. I'm impressed with your inderstanding of my old handle, combined with your astute comments in my Jesse Jackass thread.

Just in case some people may need me to spell out the meaning of my new handle:

It's no secret that I have a very favorable opinion of Ayn Rand's philosophy. In Atlas Shrugged, Rearden Metal is the fruit of a brilliant hard-working industrialist. He worked his ass off for ten years to create a new metal alloy that's stronger than steel, weighs less, and is cheaper to produce. He had to overcome the protest of all the liberals & looters just to get Rearden Metal into use in the form of train tracks.

Rearden Metal is progress & innovation in the face of adversity.

#53     Jan 18, 2003
    zghorner likes this.
  4. Which sea separates Nepal from China?;)

#54     Jan 18, 2003
  5. Tea

Tea

This "C" - as in communism

#55     Jan 18, 2003
  6. rs7

rs7

Think you have Nepal confused with Tibet.

They may be far away and have big mountains. But they are two different places.

#56     Jan 18, 2003
  7. Yes.

#57     Jan 18, 2003
  8. Me too ...

#58     Jan 18, 2003
  9. Not a member but definitely a 2nd Ammendment supporter. In fact, I believe that any responsible citizen would be.

Subcontracting defense in local matters to a centralized police force is not enough, and can in fact be dangerous, as some can testify.

#59     Jan 18, 2003
  10. The constitution is a funny thing, written over 200 years ago when "arms" were muskets and knives, yet interpreted to the letter, not the spirit of the ideas that are important....

The right to bear automatic weapons is a constitutional right?

Reminds me of those who read other "ancient" text and interpret those words as the situation is needed to satisfy their desires.

#60     Jan 18, 2003