IRAQ attack is a bluff

Discussion in 'Politics' started by xtrader, Sep 5, 2002.

1. Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld, who was going to the Capitol on Wednesday to provide closed-door ``operational updates'' on the war on terrorism, told reporters Tuesday that the administration had secret information supporting its claims that Saddam is close to developing nuclear weapons and must be overthrown.

Rumsfeld said it is already publicly known that Iraq wants to acquire nuclear weapons, that nuclear technologies have spread in recent years and that Iraq has ways of obtaining such materials.

``And we know some other things, but those are the kinds of things that would come out if and when the president decides that he thinks it's appropriate,'' Rumsfeld said. ``I'll leave that for the coming days and weeks.''

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uslatest/story/0,1282,-1990129,00.html

#11     Sep 5, 2002
  2. BSAM

BSAM

TriPack for Vice President in Bush's second term!!!:D

BSAM

#12     Sep 5, 2002
  3. yes, tripack is right. even if there are no new reasons to go into iraq, there already are some.

-tried to assassinate the former president bush.

-isn't living up to the terms of his previous agreement.

#13     Sep 5, 2002
  4. if so, one wonders why he wouldn't share it, in a secret setting, with Schroeder, Blair, Berlusconi, Aznar, Putin, etc. -- information frightful enough to justify a war might aid in softening the unanimous opposition to the administration's plans.

#14     Sep 5, 2002
  5. I say we bomb em...uhhh...what do you think Dick?

You said Dick....ah....hu hu hu hu.....Dick, Dick, Dick...he he he he...

[​IMG]

#15     Sep 5, 2002
  6. sherif24

sherif24

Seems to me our guys should know something, the way they've been talking...and that's just Iraq, let alone Iran and Syria. Going into Iraq at this point seems like a no-brainer 'cause GWB's put his credibility on the line.

#16     Sep 5, 2002
  7. Someone said a few posts ago that we might as well attack the other 10 who are hostile. That is exactly the point. Imagine a showdown after class and there are 10 bullies, if you whack the bigger or biggest bully you think the other 9 are going to fight?

My man W hopefully does the right things going forward.

#17     Sep 5, 2002
  8. unanimous opposition? what country are you living in? oh, wait a minute...you're referring to your undergrad buddies...gotcha

#18     Sep 5, 2002
  9. You do have a point, the other 9 might stick their tails between their legs and leave... for now. I don't think they'll change their attitudes for better though. Besides, having seen what those psychos are doing, I don't think you can scare them by getting rid of the "biggest bully". Alas.
    A friend of mine in Ukraine had an argument at a bar with about 10 or so kids half his age (late teens mostly). He's a really big guy, we did weightlifting together. Anyway, he ended up with fractured skull and other troubles in the hospital for a month or so. :(

#19     Sep 5, 2002
  10. LeesonTrader

LeesonTrader Guest

Iraq is not a bluff. Use your brains. Bush needs to be re-elected. Bin Laden is at large, and he needs a war to secure a second term - he needs a publicly supported war. For the US to back down after such rhetoric would only entice other rogue nations like Iran, North Korea, Libya and Syria to pushing NATO a little further. Reports that US shipping of heavy armoured vehicles and support vessels are already making their way over The Gulf just off Iraq. Bush has to be careful not to alienate the international community (UN) though, because all of their support is needed in the borderless war on terrorism and access to their intelligence networks.

#20     Sep 5, 2002