Iraq and weapons inspectors

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Nov 12, 2002.

1. Madison - yeah, it's not the "the Pentagon is near downtown Washington" or we have military HQs near civilian centers that's wrong with candletrader's argument.

Sure, if Bin LardAss could nuke the Pentagon, he could claim that the collateral damage of the surrounding civilian population was just like our nuking Hiroshima.

BUT it's of course an invalid and illogical argument -

First, he's (assuming he's still alive - the BS about the audio tape not withstanding) the head of a private terrorist faction. Arguing that he'd be justified is like saying that the whackjobs who bombed the building in Oklahoma were justified because they were attacking the FBI and the civilian's dying was just like our bombing Hiroshima. None of those arguments are valid.

Second, in WW2, WE were the ones attacked by the Japanese. They launched the war against us. Were they justified in bombing Pearl Harbor and killing thousands of civilians in the process since they were close to a military establishment?

An al Qaeda nuke of the Pentagon bears can't be correlated to Hiroshima because they would be continuing as the aggressor - not responding.

You throw the first punch, you get what you have coming to you!!

#61     Nov 14, 2002
  2. Actually it is the first punch of American aggression that litters its history and which accounts for it being the most despised nation on this planet (the policies, not the people)...

#62     Nov 14, 2002
  3. candle you're a pain in the ass with your relentless moronic opinions & treasonous USA bashing. Renounce your USA citizenship now & join the Taliban for christ sakes. Back up your BS statements with fact ot SHUT UP ALREADY!

#63     Nov 14, 2002
  4. The Taliban policies are just as bad as US policies... Mullah Omar and the US policymakers both repulse me... they are two sides of the same rotten coin...

Faster Pussy Cat (aka Katrina), I suggest you read up on the American history of interference and war mongering, rather than come to me for your education, my Brother...

#64     Nov 14, 2002
  5. Damnit! Don't you know the US is the land of the FREE? If you want to criticize it, GET OUT!!

:confused:

#65     Nov 14, 2002
  6. You want to talk about current foreign policy - great. It's basically sucked for the last 20+ years regardless of which party was in the White House.

However, doing a lousy job of picking your horses on the international landscape isn't the same as "aggression".

So perhaps you'd care to enlighten us by citing relavent actions rather than spouting continued vagueries. At least that way everyone can tell if you have some real points or are just emitting greenhouse gases.

And by the way, we were specifically talking about WW2 and the use of nukes on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. When exactly did America throw the first punch in that conflict such that our use of any means necessary to end the Japanese aggression was a mistake?

#66     Nov 14, 2002
  7. ahh, pussy...you talk like a sailor more with every new visit...

nice to have you back, now that the volatility is back in the market, there is some volatility back on the boards...:D

which is nice, because these boards have been lame lately.

of course, once you get warmed up a bit and harass enough members, i'm sure most of us will be ready for you to go away from us again, so please do not feel like you need to stay any longer than usual...

but it sure is nice to have you back.

love,

#67     Nov 14, 2002
  8. By your logic, the international community should have no regrets about nuking America in order to end its aggression...

#68     Nov 15, 2002
  9. vvv

vvv

actually i don't think you're all that far apart, candle and archangle.

#69     Nov 15, 2002
  10. vvv

vvv

#70     Nov 15, 2002