Iraq and Interactive Brokers

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by hayder, Jun 12, 2008.

1. I tried to buy a popsicle in Karkuk when I was there and they called me "cracker ass yankey". Those bastards.

#21     Jun 12, 2008
  2. WEll, you may not see it, but would you like to guarantee any liabilities arising out of the account?

didn't think so. IB is on the hook, not the bleeding hearts.

#22     Jun 12, 2008
  3. RL8093

RL8093

I agree with this but as others have noted, current US security measures means IB likely has no choice.
    I am curious if the op would be allowed to open an account if he answered any of the questions in the affirmative? aka - is denial a foregone conclusion or would he simply be placed on some "monitor-closely" list?

R

#23     Jun 12, 2008
  4. The last question about his plans to go back to Iraq is a bit too much . It is none of IB's business. The first couple of questions are legitimate given the new compliance requirements and the
    war in Iraq. Certainly IB could have made an effort not to indispose a potential client, this is not very good business. But again IB has proved to have absolutely idiotic ways of treating their customers. So I am not surprised.
    So is there racism ? Probably not , although when I see the stream of racist comments on here I wouldn't be surprised there is some of it at IB compliance dept. as well.

I am not going to take a stand for muslims in that part of the world, everybody is wary of them justifiably after what has been done in their name. But if someone has a British passport, he should be treated with a minimum of respect.
    Remember also that probably the guy wouldn' t have a problem opening an account in the first place, if a clique of criminals by incompetence, backed by millions of morons, had not invaded and destroyed Iraq and the life of its people.

#24     Jun 12, 2008
  5. kinosh

kinosh

IB should blacklist this moron, and we should all move on.

#25     Jun 12, 2008
  6. Typical comment from the typical dumb American/Westerner.

Everyone from the Middle East is a terrorist or money launderer.

Everyone from Nigeria is a fruadster

Everyone from Afirca is poor, hungry and unrefined.

Everyone from Mexico is an illegal immigrant.

So sad.....the dumbification of America will pull the great country down.

#26     Jun 12, 2008
  7. eagle

eagle

Did you know the Market will be a million times rude than IB face to your non-cooperative attitude.

#27     Jun 12, 2008
  8. Man, finally someone who can admit it!!! I salute your honesty Sir!!!

#28     Jun 12, 2008

9. Great post Kicking.

To the OP: that is not Racism. It might be nationalism or "country of originism" but it is not race ... ism as Iraqi's are not a race. You could have American grandparents for all they care if your CoO was Iraq.

What I wish was that ET would practice Foolism. Or moronism. Of course IB needs to get better at those things too.

Or just get sick of me and ban me for pointing out the fools instead of deleting those wonderfully perceptive posts of mine.

#29     Jun 12, 2008
  10. You'd need to vacate it first

#30     Jun 12, 2008