Iraq and Interactive Brokers

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by hayder, Jun 12, 2008.

1. So fast to cry racism, when asked a few questions. You'd go far in America, you may even have a place here in politics, then you wouldn't even need an account at Interactive brokers . . .

#11     Jun 12, 2008
  2. Babak

Babak

Look IB isn't perfect nor are they a saint but in this case it looks to me like they are just following procedure and covering their ass.

That doesn't mean that they are saying anything about you, it just means that given the present world situation (which does suck) this is a reality of compliance.

#12     Jun 12, 2008
  3. it's called the OFAC list...
    you are on it..
    get used to it..

#13     Jun 12, 2008
  4. Those questions aren't racist, nor do they bespeak of racism torwards you or anyone else. However your responses are pretty immature, and if I were them I probably wouldn't want to open an account on your behalf based on them.

They are normal compliance questions which every banking institution has to ask when receiving funds from questionable third world parties.

Your should have the moderators rename your thread to:

COMPLIANCE AT INTERACTIVE BROKERS

Make your point (if you think you have one), and then move on ... (like I'm doing from this thread).

#14     Jun 12, 2008
  5. eagle

eagle

Or BE COOPERATIVE AT INTERACTIVE BROKERS :D

It reminds me a story about one girl who was just coming from Japan to USA. Then one day, she went to the bar alone and she asked for a beer, the seller requested her to give her ID card. She then gave him her passport. The guy looked at her passport and returned to her saying "sorry we don't serve beer to you". Angry, she returned home. Later, she complained to a guy, a US citizen, and told him her story at the bar, that here in US they're racist refusing to sell beer to an immigrant. The guy replied to him "it wasn't the subject of racism it's because you're 17 years old and in USA under 18 years won't be allowed to drink alcohol.

#15     Jun 12, 2008
  6. Dude, anyone unwilling to answer those questions should be denied entrance into the country, no less a trading account.

Get real.

[​IMG]

#16     Jun 12, 2008
  7. If I was IB, I wouldn't open an account with this guy. He seems a little on the rude side. Plus, from the looks of it, he is a risk to run back into a war zone if he loses more $$$ than he puts in his account with IB. Especially since he didn't want to respond to the passport question. Too bad for him.

#17     Jun 12, 2008
  8. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

While I would tend to agree with you on most matters I suspect all they are doing is trying to cover their own ass when Big Brother comes snooping.

#18     Jun 12, 2008
  9. Is that Obama on the left?

#19     Jun 12, 2008
  10. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I'd agree with not allowing him into the country, but I dont really see how a carefully monitored trading account would cause any problems.

#20     Jun 12, 2008