Iraq: 6,500 Violent Deaths in Last Two Months

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ktmexc20, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Pabst

Pabst

With or without U.S. intervention, Saddam's days were finite. IMO that's why he was coy with inspections. A lose-lose. If he came clean then what would stop the Iranian backed Shia from toppling the paper tiger. The inevitable is merely occurring quicker than expected.......

#11     Sep 21, 2006
  2. Yep! Everyone has those 20/20 glasses on and there damn sure is enough blame to go around for everyone. The blame spans decades. What I've yet to hear from either side is a viable plan to unfuck this mess. We Dems can piss and moan till we're blue in the face about how we shouldn't be there. Problem is, WE ARE THERE. What is the solution? One that leaves Iraq in fairly stable condition and at the same time doesn't make us look like a bunch of pussies for pulling out when the going got tough.
    Guess what boys and girls...there is no viable solution. We're fucked!
    My soultion is simple and I know it'll never be implemented. We need to pull out now, 100%, ASAP. This shit isn't worth one more American life. What happens then you ask? Will will cower in fear forever? NO! FUCK NO! What we do is send a clear message to the whole damn world. The message is simple....kill each other to your hearts content. Have a ball, but kill ONE SINGLE American anywhere, hit ONE SINGLE American installation anywhere...we program the launch codes and light up the F'N sky.
    It'll never happen cause we don't have the stones to do it when one of these crazy fucks calls our bluff. We're just pretty much fucked.

#12     Sep 21, 2006
  3. maxpi

maxpi

I heard some very interesting commentary on the Larry Elder show. Democrats and Repuplicans were polled regarding the Iranian nuke concerns. About 65% of each had the view that diplomacy would never work in that situation. The kicker was that 65% of Republicans favored military action against Iran in the case of diplomacy failure but only 22% of Democrats would go for military action!! Democrats have no answer to the problem but you can expect that they will beat the hell out of conservatives that do!! Is there some kind of a reality disconnect or what? Can the anti war left be that dogged about anti war idealogy? Is it a religious thing with them or what? I really don't get it.

The Iranian pres is talking about wiping Israel off the map, people like him grow up on a steady diet of "kill the Jews, kill the Americans" and you let them have nukes?

You present Democrats with a scenario wherein you either take military action or let Iran bully everybody with nukes and they just can't agree that the military is an option. That is just "peace in our time and let the grandchildren worry about the nukes" I guess.

#13     Sep 21, 2006
  4. Concur:(

#14     Sep 21, 2006
  5. Pabst

Pabst

Me also.

#15     Sep 21, 2006
  6. Don't forget we abandoned the Shi'a post-Desert Storm, too. :(

#16     Sep 22, 2006
  7. Yes I agree. Sadam had no choice but to claim (indicate) strength of weaponry. He had to pose a facade of ability to fend off his neighbors (Iran).

We went in hook, line, and sinker. But, I believe, that was also because it is what the neocons desired regardless of supposed threats. And what the neocons desire, I believe, is world corporate dominative power; sometimes disguised as democracy (at the point of a gun). This is simply my opinion.

-kt

#17     Sep 22, 2006

8. Although I don't agree with the nuke response, I do agree with the rest of this. Pull US troops outta everywhere. No longer be cops to the World, and just let everyone fuck themselves until the UN, and France in particular, start SCREAMING for our help to intervene. Then tell them to shut the fuck up while we spend American lives and dollars trying to make the planet behave itself.

Yes, Iraq was certainly a fuckup, but without the US around in general, just imagine the chaos. Who would stop genocide in the Balkans, etc,? The UN?

Yeah right!

#18     Sep 22, 2006
  9. Absolutely!!! We should not have to be the cop. However, the war industry wants us to keep on fighting and policing so that they can sell the armaments required. They are supported by the neocon chickenshits, who shit in their pants every time they are told of the boogieman. Unless we rein in the war mongers, we will be spending our tax dollars on some foreign issue while pressing domestic issues go neglected. For example, look at how much we are spending in Iraq compared to what is being spent on the rebuilding of New Orleans and the Gulf Coast post Katrina.

#19     Sep 22, 2006
  10. Pabst

Pabst

Not to burst your bubble but most fiscal conservatives who are outraged over the cost of the war in Iraq are also outraged over the Federal government spending tens of billions in New Orleans. WTF. Is the Treasury now the national property insurer? Don't you guys pay local taxes? Doesn't anyone living on the Gulf Coast or on the San Andreas fault take ANY responsibility for the enevitable? And by the way, the Katrina "bailout" is going to equal a year of Iraq (est. 200b each).

#20     Sep 22, 2006