Iranian Militay is no joke!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bat1, Jul 12, 2008.

1. It's quite simple. We position a trio of Boomers (Nuke armed subs) near the southern coast of France and execute a synchronized launch of top secret neutron bombs in a grid pattern over the large population centers of Iran. This will exterminate the radical towel wearing camel humpers and leave the oil infastructure intact, while everyone would think that it was France that attacked. At the same time we should drop a MOAB on the Olympic Ping Pong venue as warning not to interfere. Call this the Rennick doctrine.

Dr. Rennick Stranglove out :cool:

#31     Jul 13, 2008
  2. The USA spends more annually on their military than ALL other countries of the world combined. Even compared to the second third countries in military budgets, China and Russia, the USA still spends more than double of those two combined. This is not even including the extra billions being poured into Iraq and Afghanistan.

To the OP, don't fall for the fear mongering produced by the military industrial complex.

#32     Jul 13, 2008
  3. thank god you're not in charge, Adolf Rennick

#33     Jul 13, 2008
  4. Mercor

Mercor

The biggest question is would the Mullahs be willing to sacrifice the Iranian population to make Israel radioactive?
    I believe they would. The ultimate Martyrdom.

#34     Jul 13, 2008
  5. how can anyone think that the US wants another war after seeing what happened in iraq?

#35     Jul 13, 2008
  6. The thing none of you military experts have mentioned is the the fact they have some serious antiship capability combined with some pretty good antiaircraft defense as well which they obtained from the russians. The US has the SeaRam which is capable of defaeting the Russian Sunburn but it is no certainywhich puts the whole Straits of Hormus in play. This is enough reason to give the US pause to act.

#36     Jul 13, 2008
  7. The Russians realized a long time ago they simply could not afford to devote the resources to the Military that the US did so instead they went down a few speacilized paths the major one was antiship capability which if effective renders an attacking/invading force vulnerable. A few well placed Sunburns could cripple the US 5th (i think) fleet in the Straits and destroy their ability to launch an effective air assault. The Isrealies have much less to worry about though the Iranians have just purchased the latest Russian antiaircraft batteries the Tor-M1 whether they can effectively deploy it is another question

#37     Jul 13, 2008
  8. I think they are deployed already. They have also bought the SA-20 long distance and high altitude air defence missiles which are supposed to be the best there is. These are not delivered yet and are the ones Israel is supposedly concerned about, though it is hard to distinguish fact from propaganda from all sides.

#38     Jul 13, 2008
  9. Bushido

Bushido

Well, budgets etc cannot be used to determine anything. What happened in Iraq was miscalculation and assumptions (or was portrayed) they expected a major danger, chemical warfare all they found was a whole lot of gold, gems etc and oil. Maybe thats what they were after... (Frankly I am in no mood to engage in a useless debate.. so will try to be as political correct as possible).

In this case we are under-estimating Iran, frankly nobody know exactly what they are capable of doing or not doing.

As far as the Su-30MK news that was being speculated. They were about to be purchased in June 2007. Its old news.

Also, these guys may know their terrain better than anybody else which gives them a tactical advantage.. thats how terrorists and rebels continue causing damage even in Iraq. And if I had to give a more well known example i will just ask you to go watch 300!!

Or let me make this more in the context of the profession of most people on this board. There are those who have spent a great deal on their terminals, have the best software, have read all the books, and are willing to SPEND on acquiring the EDGE! But do these guys make money consistently would I say all of them are good traders. I will bet over 80% are not. The majority of the ones who have found the edge, dont really need all that.. they may have it, but they will continue making money regardless if they are using a terminal with a single monitor or a quad setup.

Money cannot buy the edge! The US may have the most advanced flights (not really the SU's are better than the F16's).. they may have better simulations for training... but then again in our profession I see so many people trading on simulation and coming up with strategies where they made money... only to blow their accounts in record times as soon as they go live...

Yes we can debate on these points, but what will we prove... can we make a difference.. hell no! either be ready to put something at risk if you know you are going to be right or just follow the trend (pun intended)...

I'm out... Cheers!!!

#39     Jul 13, 2008
  10. Very well said. Finally we have someone that thinks on ET... I have been telling my people the same thing when they all voted for Bush the second time. Now they will feel the pain. I gave up on this country once Bush came in for the 2nd term. All the brokers are going broke, banks will be failing soon, and we will be out there fighting for Israel. I just don't understand this. This is not our country anymore. It has become the the United States of Israel, thanks to the lobby system we have in place.
    Oh, and if we go to war with Iran, put your dollar bills in the toilet and flush it. It will become worse than shit.

#40     Jul 13, 2008