Iranian Militay is no joke!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bat1, Jul 12, 2008.

1. The creator of this thread is on crack!

#21     Jul 12, 2008
  2. bat1

bat1

this is no crack....

Israel is looking into reports that Russia plans to sell 250 advanced long-range Sukhoi-30 fighter jets to Iran in an unprecedented billion-dollar deal.

A Sukhoi 30 jet of the Indain air force (illustration)
    Photo: Courtesy

Slideshow: Pictures of the week According to reports, in addition to the fighter jets, Teheran also plans to purchase a number of aerial fuel tankers that are compatible with the Sukhoi and capable of extending its range by thousands of kilometers. Defense officials said the Sukhoi sale would grant Iran long-range offensive capabilities.

Government officials voiced concern over the reports. They said Russia could be trying to compete with the United States, which announced over the weekend a billion-dollar arms sale to Saudi Arabia and other Gulf states.

Editorial: Bush in retreat

Israel wary of US arms sale to Saudis
    Despite Israeli and US opposition, Russia recently supplied Iran with advanced antiaircraft systems used to protect Teheran's nuclear installations. At the time, Moscow said it reserved the right to sell Iran weapons, such as the antiaircraft system, that were of a defensive nature.

The Sukhoi-30 is a two-seat multi-role fighter jet and bomber capable of operating at significant distances from home base and in poor weather conditions. The aircraft enjoys a wide range of combat capabilities and is used for air patrol, air defense, ground attacks, enemy air defense suppression and air-to-air combat.

IRANS new fighter plane being build now!

[​IMG]

#22     Jul 12, 2008
  3. You're right. They will be our equal after that.....

#23     Jul 13, 2008
  4. While Iran has no night-fighting capabilities, and it'd be Game Over for their conventional forces, it's Hamas, Palestinian and Iranian operatives HERE that would be worrisome.
    An "un-named" Arab state promised to let Israel stage/fuel up their planes.
    Seems some of the Islamic "cousins" are worried about Iran planting mines in the Arabian Sea just to mess with the world.
    Gas would be $10 a gallon, oil to $250 a bbl or more, and our economy would turn to shit.

Not to mention more than a handful of us dying from suicide bombers here at home.
    People, this is NOT a good thing.

#24     Jul 13, 2008
  5. Mr Pain

Mr Pain

The number of US planes shot down in the 1st gulf war by the Mig 29s and Mirage jets of Iraq? Possibly 1, not confirmed I believe.

They will never stand up to the point of the US military sword. The problem for the US is the occupation, not the point of the sword. Sadam at least was smart enough to get this the second time and didn’t send all his forces up to get slaughtered in place. All those Russian jets will be a waste of money. Anyone who doesn’t realize this simply does not understand the way things are now. Iran and Iraq fought to a stalemate with ~1M dead over 8 years. I hope war does not come as I don’t know how it will work out long term but there is no doubt that the Iranian conventional forces would not stand a chance and their planes, Air Fields and Navy would be gone in a couple of days and their tanks and fixed sites would be gone in a couple of weeks.

#25     Jul 13, 2008
  6. the War is on a limited time table...

McCain will be the one to instigate it...

#26     Jul 13, 2008
  7. Yeah, and that's bullshit. The SU-30 rumors have been going around for the past five years now. Even IF they are ordered, they'd take YEARS to be delivered, and more YEARS to be integrated into the military.

And to the person who quoted debka file: Get real. Debka is as credible as Weekly World News. Out there with the Batboy people.

#27     Jul 13, 2008
  8. Bushido

Bushido

If they are getting the Sukhoi's there is real trouble, I have seen those babies fly upclose in India, and they are pieces of art(they were doing acrobats when I saw them).. but anyways thats trouble.

Also, I do not know what will be the effect of the fact that every adult in Israel is trained in combat and have to serve or have served 3-5 years in the army.

A war may come, but at the moment I will bet against it :)

Just my opinion though.

#28     Jul 13, 2008
  9. Mr Pain

Mr Pain

You are right, if we get in on some cannon to cannon based dogfights they are tough. Chance of them surviving long enough to get that close 0%. Chance of the surviving a strike against their airfields 20%. These Russian dog fighting tactics like the cobra are great for Air Shows, that it.

#29     Jul 13, 2008
  10. If you want a war with Iran and a draft along with going trillions of dollars of debt to pay for it,Vote McCain.That crazy fuck might even start WW III

Obama 08

#30     Jul 13, 2008