Iran/US Nuclear Weapons Crisis.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SouthAmerica, Mar 10, 2006.

1. In terms of global security, there is no difference between Israel having a nuke and Iran having a nuke: if both countries have nukes, both would use them if attacked with nukes by the other. So what difference is there between Iran nuking Israel first or Israel nuking Iran first? Americans wouldn't even know the truth if Israel nuked first, since the Neocon lobby's media control would force US media to show Iran as the aggressor. Since Israel already has nukes, the key fact for global security is to stop the Isarelis and the Iranians from getting long-range delivery systems. As long as both actors can't reach outside the middle east, the rest of us should be safe. Actually, US should give Iran nukes and coerce one or both actors into striking: the world would be safer if this problem were resolved before either actor gets delivery systems; the sooner both sides exterminate each other the better for us.

#11     Mar 10, 2006
  2. Rubbish, you have been listening to Condi for too long.

If the US attacks Iran without provocation, like Iraq, you can all tear up your passports and holiday in your own backyard in the US ..... trust me on this one

#12     Mar 10, 2006

3. HUH:confused:

So you think that a nuclear exchange in the middle east would not affect North America?

I got new for you my friend life as we know it would change forever and we would not survive it as well.

The devastation from fallout and the economic ramifications would be HUGE.

#13     Mar 10, 2006
  4. I very much dislike the women TRUST me.

I'm merely using common sense.

#14     Mar 10, 2006
  5. Israel has lacked the plutonium to build a large nuke. Any Israeli warhead would be far smaller than those tested in the Pacific in the 50s and 60s. Thus, the only way Israel or Iran could harm us is if either actor had a delivery system that could reach us. Since neither has such a system now, we would be safer if we made sure neither actor ever got one. Both actors want the other dead. We should thus precipitate an exchange between these two actors. My security is not at present tied to either Israel or Iran; for what possible reason would I want my fate tied to either country? Thus it is in my interest that both actors destroy each other before either one gets a delivery system.

#15     Mar 10, 2006
  6. All countries have perfect delivery systems ... they are called containers and are always arriving to a port near you

#16     Mar 10, 2006
  7. And this is different then the current situation how? Do you really think the majority of Americans vacation anywhere outside the US? What? To Cancun?

#17     Mar 10, 2006
  8. .

Samson77: Your Joking right?

A mad man 10x as crazy as So Damn Insane and Osama is going to be in control of a nuclear weapon within the next several months (unless stopped) and you have this attitude?

Hello

I just pray that the Israelis can stop him without US support.

This is SUPER SERIOUS

March 10, 2006

SouthAmerica: I have no problem with the Iranians developing nuclear weapons – it might take a few years any way before they test their first nuke. It would not bother me if they tested even tomorrow one of their nukes.

Most Americans have no clue about US/Iran past history otherwise they would understand Iran’s point of view – Why they need the nuclear weapons to guarantee their independence and future sovereignty.

If Americans looked at this nuclear crisis from the Iranian point of view – the United States already overthrow a democratically elected government in Iran in 1953 and replaced it with a ruthless dictator. Since then the Iranians had a revolution in 1979 to depose the dictator imposed on them by the United States – the United States have been on Iran’s case and have been trying to undermine their internal political affairs for the last 50 years.

I can't believe that the United Nations Security Council is going to give more than 5 minutes of attention to the US complains about Iran. If there is a country that is in any danger of foreign attack it is Iran and not the United States. The US vice president Dick Cheney on a speech 3 days ago said that the US would use any means against Iran to stop their nuclear weapons program.

Everybody knows that the US attacked Iraq because of its oil reserves – Iran has even more oil and that is probably the reason the US is giving Iran such a hard time.

The United Nations Security Council will lose all its remaining credibility if they impose economic sanctions against Iran.

I wonder if these guys still remember of the fiasco at the UN when the US was trying to build a case against Iraq’s WMD.

Maybe the UN also has not learned a lesson from that fiasco and they repeat it all over again in relation to Iran. If they do that then the UN should pack their things and just go out of business because they prove that they became a worthless international organization.

But if the UN does not buy the US current bullshit regarding Iran they will showcase to the world that they are doing their job and would not fall in the trap of any bully.

Samson77 is worried that Osama and Al Qaeda will get their hands on nuclear weapons from Iran - I don’t understand your logic here – why are you afraid of Iran?

Iran as a country it will take a while to develop and have their nuclear weapons ready for a test and even a possible use. In the other hand Pakistan a country where the Taliban, Al Qaeda and Osama Bin Laden are hiding and have a lot of influence – has the nuclear weapons ready for immediate use.

If the terrorists are going to get their hands on any nuclear weapons – it will be not from Iran or North Korea – It will be from George W. Bush’s pall – in Pakistan.

The US government is always trying to go after the wrong target because they can’t go against the real threat. If Americans want to go neurotic and lose sleep of nuclear weapons they should change their focus to Pakistan – the Real Thing – and forget Iran and North Korea.

By the way, the BBC News said last night that the British supplied Israel with the plutonium necessary to build their nuclear weapons in the 1960’s

The British went against the nuclear non-proliferation treaty when they did that – and just last week the US rewarded India the main enemy of Pakistan with an agreement to help the Indians develop further their nuclear program.

Some people in Pakistan might be wondering what are the US real intentions - when they supply India with new nuclear know how and at the same time the US turns down Pakistan’s request for the same type of agreement.

In a Nutshell: The United Nations Security Council must be kidding if they give much attention to the US complains against Iran when the US president just returned from a trip in which he did spread nuclear know how to a country that is not even a signer of the nuclear non-proliferation treaty. (I am not implying here that the nuclear non-proliferation treaty still is useful or have any value today – since we all know that the treaty has been completely obsolete and have been useless for many years.)

#18     Mar 10, 2006
  9. Okay, so some have the great idea that it is okay for Iran to be able
    to build nukes and use them against anyone (like Israel) and it
    will be A-okay.

Very brilliant. Completely intelligent. Or hiding your heads in the
    sand perhaps? Middle Eastern sand by the way?

Just because there is oil beneath these Middle Eastern hotheads
    does not give them the right to go nuke-crazy and put others at risk.

#19     Mar 10, 2006
  10. SA why do you keep labeling this as an American crisis?

France said they would use nuclear weapons in response to a terrorist attack, who exactly do you think they were indirectly speaking to?

It's not just the US who wants them brough to the security council it's all of europe.

Once again, you show you limited grasp of the truth and your stranglehold on your hatred for america.

I once again ask why don't you go back to that toilet in South AMerica if you hate it so much here?????

#20     Mar 10, 2006