Iran: US can't afford another war

Discussion in 'Politics' started by a529612, Feb 24, 2007.

1. "There is nothing wrong with zionism and I certainly do support the idea."

It is not my purpose to detail how Zionism should be dealt with. Let me state, however, that isolated or spontaneous acts against individuals or the mere adoption of resolutions in the UN or elsewhere are not effective means of bringing an end to Zionism. Let me state also that the battle against Zionism must be waged first, not on the shores of the Mediterranean, but in Zionism's most powerful bastion -- the USA>

As an American citizen, I deplore that our government and our politicians have adopted an attitude that is in complete contradiction to the advice of the father of our country George Washington. Instead of shying away from foreign entanglements and permanent alliances with foreign powers, the establishment in Washington has embraced Zionism so wholeheartedly that in the eyes any criticism of the Zionist state and any opposition to political Zionism in the UN by any nation has become a punishable offense. And the docile American media do not dare to speak out against such an absurdity.

Unfortunately, thus far, each year sees still further gains in influence by American Zionists. This fact has made possible events and developments that were unthinkable even ten years ago. It takes a lot of courage to be opposed to Zionism in the USA today. It also took a lot of courage during the Second World War to be anti-Fascist in Italy or anti-Nazi in Germany. In the long run Zionism is nothing but a passing aberration in the long history of the Jewish people and of the world.

Let us take faith and hope in the certainty that eventually prejudice, hatred, and injustice will disappear, and that the prophecy will come true that all nations of the world will participate in the pilgrimage to Jerusalem "for My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations."

http://www.jewsnotzionists.org/differencejudzion.html

#21     Feb 26, 2007
  2. LOL, you are really desperate, aren't you? I mean having to resort to parsing Edwards' words, parsing Ahmadenejad's words...And now the best you can do is find a website representing the opinion of 15 obscure crazy jews denying Holocaust and Israel's right to exist. You're embarassing yourself when you quote internet garbage like that, bitstream and Plato are the only scum who take this nonsense seriously, think what company you're in.

Anyway, as I said, there is nothing wrong with Zionism:

Zionism: A Jewish movement that arose in the late 19th century in response to growing anti-Semitism and sought to reestablish a Jewish homeland in Palestine. Modern Zionism is concerned with the support and development of the state of Israel.

http://www.answers.com/topic/zionism

#22     Feb 26, 2007
  3. So those who don't hold a majority opinion are "obscure and crazy."

More false claims that I "parsed" Edwards words.

Typical response of a fanatic who doesn't handle criticism effectively.

I find it amazing that a group of people who were so oppressed over the course of time become so oppressive to anyone who finds fault with the actions of the Zionists...

The American people have been duped.

If a group of Mormons decided to settle in some small land next to Pakistan, would the American people think that it was their job to blindly defend their efforts?

How about a group of African Americans, say followers of The Nation of Islam, who decided to form a country from some land purchased in Africa.

Would America blindly support such efforts?

Yes, there is something wrong with Zionism the way it is being practiced, just as their is something wrong with Islam the way it is being practiced by Muslim extremists, just like there is something wrong with Christianity when it is being practiced by fanatics.

#23     Feb 26, 2007
  4. It's not that they don't hold a majority opinion, they are a tiny, fringe, religious sect, they represent 0.1% of the jews, probably less. Quoting their opinion as if it means something more than an opinion of a tiny, obscure, crazy sect does not serve any purpose and shows how desperate you are and how you have absolutely no legitimate sources to back up your views.

Jeez, UK's Guardian is extremely anti-Israel, so is the french media and quite a number of other media outlets. But when you have to resort to garbage websites like counterpunch or jewswhohateisrael.com to make a point - you must be in a pretty bad shape.

#24     Feb 26, 2007
  5. They are not as tiny as you would have them be, if we are measuring the percentage of Zionists versus anti-Zionists who are actually of orthodox religious thought and practices.

The greatest opponents of Zionism appear to be the Orthodox Jews themselves, and to those who are of a mind to actually think and not pay attention to the smear tactics of people like you, would do well to read and understand their arguments and objections to Zionism as it is currently practiced.

http://www.nkusa.org/

http://www.jewsagainstzionism.com/mediaclips/DombInterview.cfm?v=1QfgvDXsDds

#25     Feb 26, 2007