Iran Threatens To Take Action If US Carrier Returns

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Jan 3, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

Yeah, and we'll just ask them to quit funding and supplying rockets to Hamas and Hezbollah, and apologize for supplying those IED's that killed so many of our troops in Iraq and let us know what they are up to in Venezuela, and why they were going to assassinate a Saudi on U.S. soil, and turn over our citizens being held, and quit saying you are going to destroy Israel, etc., etc.

#31     Jan 3, 2012
  2. Obama sent Iran a polite letter telling Ahmajinedad that any US aircraft carriers in the area are there for peaceful purposes only... same goes for the B-2 bombers... and cruise missiles... and Navy Seals... All that stuff... peaceful purposes only... No, really...

#32     Jan 3, 2012
  3. BSAM

BSAM

Really?
    You think it would take that long?

#33     Jan 3, 2012
  4. 377OHMS

377OHMS

lol great post.

Their nuke program is for peaceful purposes. Our task force is for peaceful purposes. Poetic. :D

#34     Jan 3, 2012
  5. rew

rew

Maybe we can make a deal -- we stop funding the IDF, and they stop funding Hamas and Hezbollah. I don't know if they'd agree but it's worth a shot. If China invaded Mexico I'm pretty sure we'd be supplying the Mexicans with stuff a lot more serious than IED's to get the Chinese out.

Also, whose bright idea was it to invade Iraq in the first place, creating the anarchy and the power vacuum that made it possible for Iran to increase its influence there? Your neocon pals, that's who.

#35     Jan 3, 2012
  6. pspr

pspr

I guess we should have just let Iraq keep Kuwait and let them start moving into Saudi Arabia.

The fact that the entire world's intelligence services believed Saddam was building a bomb and a large a supply of yellow cake was found in Iraq shouldn't matter.

Like we would believe Iran would abide by such a treaty you suggest. It's more than just Iran anyway. It's Turkey, Syria, and a host of others. Even the the leading new party in Egypt is saying they will never recognize Israel and will find a way to get out of the peace treaty with Israel.

The world is not a safe place for the narrow minded.

#36     Jan 3, 2012
  7. Ricter

Ricter

Well, except for the professionals, with their feet actually on Iraqi soil, whose full-time job is to monitor world atomic and nuclear activity, who categorically denied it.

Interestingly, now that the agency is confirming the strong possibility that Iran is building bomb capability, we believe them.

Snoped.

I agree with your view that the US must act well outside its borders to protect itself, but the argument needs no help from that fictitious time during Bush.

The only borders that matter to an empire are the other guys' borders. : )

#37     Jan 3, 2012
  8. 377OHMS

377OHMS

"Narrow" is incredibly generous. If find rew's posts to be second only to tradingjournals for pure inanity.

Its frightening that our civilization has become so non-Darwinian. There should be a test for cognition to be permitted to have children. A politcally neutral test of course.

Seems like Iran is able to inflate the price of oil by making threats. Imagine if they had the means to backup those threats.

#38     Jan 3, 2012
  9. rew

rew

Iraq was pushed out of Kuwait by Dubya's dad, who had enough sense not to try to permanently occupy the place. And no, the entire world did not believe that Saddam was building a nuclear bomb. That was the Cheney special branch of the intelligence services making that up. (The whole yellow cake thing was a fraud.)

You neocons keep saying you want us to fight for democracy in the Middle East. But when the Palestinians vote for Hamas, or the Egyptians vote for the Muslim Brotherhood, suddenly you don't like democracy so much. Make up your mind.

In any case, I have absolutely no interest in fighting wars for Israel. The defense of Israel is for the Israelis to deal with. It was the Zionists who wanted to start a new country in a bad neighborhood, not me.

#39     Jan 3, 2012
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

One thing I've noticed about the upcoming election.

Even P&R regulars that often agree with each other are angrily at odds.

That can't be good, unless you're an Obama sheep.

#40     Jan 3, 2012